How to model Veterans? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to model Veterans?

I didn't see a box for an IG Veteran squad. Do you guys just use normal shock troops?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, you're correct. There are no Veteran boxes out there aside from Forgeworld upgrade kits which are too pricey for what they are.

I made my vets by taking normal Cadians and giving them trimmed down Lasguns (Submachine Guns) and throwing on backpacks, extra grenades, knives, etc. Anything that set them apart from the rest of my army really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Yes, I just use normal cadians with different heads/bodies other sets and with extra added bits, all from my bits box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, thanks

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Guy at my shop paints the shoulders different to denote rank, makes their guns look a bit different and bases them with some shrubbery, for crafty cover. Pretty nice.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I trimmed off the tunic skirt things on my Cadians and used green stuff to create longer coats. Also going to give them Catachan lascarbines, and dark blue camo face paint to make them look even meaner.

Or if you feel like hunting on Ebay, classic metal Cadians would make for awesome veterans.
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    Guy at my shop paints the shoulders different to denote rank, makes their guns look a bit different and bases them with some shrubbery, for crafty cover. Pretty nice.
    I also wanted to make my veterans look like a special branch in my force, not the normal grunts who've gotten better (and smellier) during a campaign. There's a lot of historical instances of special forces becoming elites: german airborne troopers and italian mountain forces in ww2 for instance.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found some slings and a bipod from an old SM scout box.. they work pretty handy for that custom weapon feel that the regular grunts wouldnt have. Example,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

I used spare parts from the command squad box sets to make some of my veterans. I normally give them backpacks, and extra equipment etc.. There are plenty of websites that sell bitz. Berets really work. I found a few old plastic stormtroopers going cheap and cut off the berets and attached them to catachan heads. This really made them look like special forces! They're also not too hard to sculpt with green stuff. Another thing I did was to use heads from the empire range, and trim them to fit inside the empty helmets that you get in the cadian kit. I also used some catachan arms on cadian bodies, with rolled up sleves sculpted on. This makes them look really tough!
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast