Why is Logan Grimmar so expensive? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Logan Grimmar so expensive?

I understand that he makes terminators troops, but is the price tag really necessary? Cantor makes sternguard scoring and hes much less, and dark angels get deathwing for free, and share about the same point costs for the troops, except we pay a ridiculous amount for the th/ss.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Not jut Termies, he can make really good Khorne Berzerker wannabes too. 8 Guards with a Fist, a Frost weapon, two power weapons and a rhino for under 250 points. Point them in the general direction of the enemy, and with Logan's special ability you'll get 10 S4 PW attacks, 5 S5 PW attacks, and 4 S8 fist attacks on one charge. That's 5 MEQs killed on the charge by power weapons alone, plus another 5 MEQs from the normal attacks.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

He's Jesus on a stick basically...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

You know what's awesome?
    Logan, Ragnar, and two squads of 8 Wolf Guard Troops with a Fist, a Frost weapon, two Power Weapons and a Rhino.
    Almost 1000k points of killy, but very GOOD killy.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Character Awesomeness

The new space wolf characters are amazing. Bjorn is the most survivable thing on two legs in 40k. If you do kill him then he becomes an objective!

How awesome is that?

Logan has some great buff abilities. In short, he personally has great WS a heap of attacks, great initiative, a weapons that serves as a frost blade or a powerfist depending on how he feels. No really, if he wants three forst blade attacks and two powerfist attacks he can have them, so he can run into a unit, hack down a couple of normal guys and then power fist the multi wound character. What on earth?

He can also choose to use on of the four big combat skills each turn, he's brilliant!

I have to admit that I am really starting to dig the sons of Russ. I need to start practicing my dags...
    Last edited by GDMNW; September 24th, 2009 at 14:27.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Holy crap. That's rather nasty!

I may have to get a copy of the codex for when I want to play something different.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

He was 250 in the last dex (where all he had was that PF or PW ability). So for 25 points I'm getting 4 special abilities and wolf guard as troops. Not to mention he's now immune to instant death. When I rank SM special characters I always have to see how badly they can beat up Marneus Calgar. So far only lysander, and grimnar have done it, w/o dieing.

Note: I do not advocate the use of Marneus "calgone" calgar in a game of 40k, as he is too many points of fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

He has to cost a bumload of points, because if he didn't you'd have more room to fit Vanguard Veterans with fuzzy beards in your Troops slots.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You can also do nasty tricks with him. I've heard people mention Long Fangs with MMs in a Drop Pod and he joins, giving them Relentless. Not sure if that's doable, don't have the Codex in front of me, but if it is that unit can drop and destroy a possible 2 tanks with split fire.

He also lets you run a better all Termie army than Dark Angels and he can smack Belial around in CC so, I'd say he's properly priced.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    You can also do nasty tricks with him. I've heard people mention Long Fangs with MMs in a Drop Pod and he joins, giving them Relentless. Not sure if that's doable, don't have the Codex in front of me, but if it is that unit can drop and destroy a possible 2 tanks with split fire.
    That sounds...well. I think I might be buying a Grimnar model sometime soon.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast