Help finding Anti-Tyranid tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help finding Anti-Tyranid tactica

Hey guys, i'm hoping you could help me find a Marine Tactica or link to one for fighting Tyranids. I would be grateful for any assistance. Thanks.

Sharky

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything with blast like whrilwinds and thunderfire cannons and anything with lots of shots and template like sternguard with heavy flamers and flamers or preds with heavy bolters
    i hope it helped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

You can make sure that you have Anti Tyranid elements in you army and still have a competitive list. First recommendation is mechanize your units will help to remove their mobility and protect from hoards of Guants. Also the standard Flamer and Missle Launcher is good for tyranids and just about everything. A final recomendation is take a squad of scouts with some sniper rifles and Sternguard. Both will help with the monsterious Creatures.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Blast templates/Bolters for Stealers. Anti-tank guns and plasma for the MCs. Most people don't run gribbly rush anymore if they do your list should already have a Vindicator, Whirlwind, Sternguard or Crusader in it. Never seen a SM list who didn't run at least one of those things.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help. I'll try and incorporate those in my list. We'll see how it goes.

Sharky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Still, unless you have a tournament coming up, note that tyranids get their new codex in january. So things might change a bit.

EDIT: Also, play a thunderfire cannon. Sure the mini is expensive, but it's the best 100pts you can spend. Never more than one, but you get to:
    -Increase the cover given by a single ruin by +1. But the Techmarine inside cover and the gun just outside (but in coherency). That means you can easily count on having a 3+ or 4+ cover save for the Thunderfire unit.
    -Shoot four small pies a turn, either S6 AP5 or S5 AP6 that ignores cover. The Tremor shot is mostly useless.
    -If the Cannon is destroyed, you get a shiny IC, a servo-harnessed Techmarine.

It's great against hordes, and can cripple even Necrons. Trust me, I've been on the receiving end of one.
    Last edited by Lemt; September 29th, 2009 at 12:04.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Artillery is to fragile for my taste. Getting a Tech Marine is nice but, you army probably left him behind long ago so now he's running around as an adorable little KP.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    Artillery is to fragile for my taste. Getting a Tech Marine is nice but, you army probably left him behind long ago so now he's running around as an adorable little KP.
    Not an extra KP, however. He's part of the artillery unit (the gunner, in fact), so the oponnent can only get 1 KP from there.

And artillery is fragile until it has an extreme range and very good cover save. Plus two thirds of the games don't care about kill points, so he won't be as much of a target. Or if they DO consider it a threat and destroy it, it's only 100 points worth of army.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I'd need a more conclusive ruling on that. It says he becomes an Independent Character when the gun dies, reads like a separate KP to me.

Also it's still to easy to blow up. Even for somewhat cheap, one medium strength shot sneaking through wrecks it instantly. The armies that it threatens most, IG and Orks, have plenty of those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do dont put a whirlwind or thunderfire gun at the back corner of the board.

Scrap that dont put anything there at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast