dh as allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dh as allies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dh as allies

does any one ever use sm with allied dh. and if so im curious has to wat benefit that might give. it just doesnt seem reasonable.
    the main weakness of dh is dealing with armor but that is resolved easier with guard or wh.
    any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I sometimes ally inquisitors to my space marine army. Sometimes I give him mystics, but mostly I just equip him with the Emperor's Tarot. This gives me the flexibility of trying to get 1st turn on certain missions for only 35pts (including the cost of the Inq). That's important if you want to try to achieve a Shrike's 1st turn assault or in kill point games in which your 1st turn shooting will give you the advantage throughout the rest of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats what ive heard before.

what about taking a decent sm force and replacing sm terms with dh terms or adding in a squad of pagk's?
    ive been skimming thru the sm codex and it appears that dh dont have anything really to add to a sm force that they cannot accomplish with something more cost effective.
    just trying to explore options here.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Here are several uses of DH allies:

1) Better psychic hoods. Getting a BC w/psychic hood is much cheaper than getting a librarian in terminator armor w/psychic hood. And the best thing is that DH psychic hoods have unlimited range. Very handy against eldar and lash chaos.

2) Anti-chaos. Get a GM+GKT retinue and give him sacred incense and he'll kick any chaos unit's behind. He's also the best character to put against Abaddon and can be equipped with incinerators/psycannons against daemons.

3) Get an Inq Lord and then you can field an assassin. Annoy the heck out of your opponent with both the Vindicare and Sgt Telion.

4) Cheap Inquisitorial Storm Troopers to add more bodies and some anti-tank meltaguns.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFive View Post
    ive been skimming thru the sm codex and it appears that dh dont have anything really to add to a sm force that they cannot accomplish with something more cost effective.
    Welcome to the world of codex creep.

That having been said the GK termies arn't much more than SM termies, they have stormbolters and similar CC punch to clawed assault termies.
    Add to that psychic protection, shrouding, fearlessness, and cool models - not a bad buy to fill a free HQ or elite choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

My PsyHooded, Mystic-leading Inquisitor Lord retinue is a permanent fixture in my Biker lists. For 85pts my entire army has at least a 50/50 shot at evading most psyker shenanigans, and I usually mount them in a Land Raider to extend the Mystic's spotting range. If I'm feeling cheap I'll stick them in a DH Rhino and throw either an MM Servitor or a couple of Melta-Vets in the retinue.

I also use Melta-ISTs as kamikaze tank-busters from time to time, and now that the new SWolf Dex is out I can see some pretty awesome combination possibilities. Relentless Lord retinue, anyone? Relentless Psycannon PAGKs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks all for the advice
    got the answer i was looking for.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Personally, for SM an Inquisitor would not be a bad option, plenty of goodies, and if it's a lord (HQ) you have the option of taking an assassin. Throw a Calidus/Eversor into the mix and you can have tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    Relentless Psycannon PAGKs?
    o.O Wut?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    Personally, for SM an Inquisitor would not be a bad option, plenty of goodies, and if it's a lord (HQ) you have the option of taking an assassin. Throw a Calidus/Eversor into the mix and you can have tons of fun.
    I wouldn't bother with Assassins if you're allying to Smurfs; you've got better options for your Elite slots.

o.O Wut?
    Take a squad of Psycannon PAGKs as Allies, attach Logan Grimnar, ta-da; Relentless Psycannon PAGKs.
    Last edited by Frank Fugger; October 4th, 2009 at 12:18.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

I wouldn't bother with Assassins if you're allying to Smurfs; you've got better options for your Elite slots.
    Yes but my buddy plays SM and my elite has killed his elites almost every time =D
    While she's no dreadnaught or termi squad, she is still dangerous and I think should at least be considered if you're taking an Inq (though unless it's a lord it doesn't matter anyway =P). I mean, she does her job well and sometimes you need a scaple over a hacksaw. Know what I mean?

Take a squad of Psycannon PAGKs as Allies, attach Logan Grimnar, ta-da; Relentless Psycannon PAGKs.
    That's absurd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast