Will you be changing codex ?. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Will you be changing codex ?.

As most of you will already know the Space Wolves dex for the points cost when compaired to the generic marine dex is superior.

Since most people these days will be looking for power creep advantages will you be seeing yourself changing your marines to proxy'd wolves ?.

Also does it bother you if you ever do vs someone who used there generic marines as wolves ?.

Last edited by JeremyKyle; October 2nd, 2009 at 15:33.
    Eradicating chav scum since 2005!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a number of things that the Wolves don't get (Sternguard, Ironclad Dreads, bikes as troops, etc).

While I definitely like the new wolf dex, I don't see a reason for all codex players to jump ship. There is plenty in the normal codex that still will suit me just fine.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

I might want to proxy a game of Space Wolves if my friends and I choose to put their rules to the test. But I sure won't be playing counts-as-Wolves regularly just because they seem to have superior rules.
    Yes, they are might be the better marines. But we Space Marine players have always had to deal with that, Chaos Marines may seem to be the better marines too. Who cares? The Nebula Raiders will still prevail.

I wouldn't mind my opponent playing his generic marines as Wolves, but I sure would have a smirk on my face and think to myself that he's a little crybaby...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by DrazharMasterOfBlad2 View Post
    As most of you will know already know the Space Wolves dex for the points cost when compaired to the generic marine dex is superior.
    The two Codexes are like chalk and cheese; you can't really make point-for-point comparisons and if you did, the vanilla Codex would still come out on top in terms of flexibility and utility. Know why? Because that's what vanilla Marines do. It's quite obviously not what SPace Wolves do, and people who try to build vanilla-style balanced lists using the new SWolf Codex are going to be in for a bit of a shock.

Since most people these days will be looking for power creep advantages will you be seeing yourself changing your marines to proxy'd wolves ?.

Also does it bother you if you ever do vs someone who used there generic marines as wolves ?.
    I don't see what that would bother anyone. Space Wolves weren't "your idea". Nobody is stealing them from you. They're not the end-all-be-all and they're not going to render my Biker Smurfs or Mechdar lists obsolete as far as competetive gaming goes.

That said, I do reckon I'll be fixing myself up with a small-ish force of Wolfmans. There are a lot of cool conversion opportunities in the new 'Dex, and the ability to give your Wolf Lord the Eternal Warrior rule as a piece of wargear is just awesome. It's a very story-driven Codex, yet one that manages to somehow retain the potnetial to melt faces on the tabletop. Phil Kelly is the man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'll test out ==My== Deathwing using the SW rules, but that's about it.

SW and Vanilla marines are too different to call one superior. Vanilla is more flexible and has a lot more unit selections while SW are more up close and personal with their own flavor.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

A.T and I are probably going to pick up the new codex - but I won't be "jumping ship", just playing the odd game with them.

Sternguard are too awesome to miss out on, but I figure I should probably get some use out of the 17 year old Wolf Guard I bought and have never used in a battle...
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    A.T and I are probably going to pick up the new codex - but I won't be "jumping ship"
    Same here (not that I play SM much) - actually it might be fun to throw a templar/DH force against the wolves, old vs new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have some pretty cool stuff or so I personally think. But they play completely different and I just don't see myself being able to completely change over. That being said though I do believe that I will still have a small force for one off games, just for fun.
    I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

No way. I'm ready to face them with my OP Blood Angels army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i would be curious to see how BT play as SWs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast