Topic of the Week: Seraphim - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topic of the Week: Seraphim

Welcome to topic of the week #4 see im steal not bored yet

this week we are going to look at one of my favorite units in the game the angelic Seraphim these ladies ad 1 to your faith are fast powerful and can pack flamers lets look at what they get...

-Twin-linked blot pistols
    -Jump packs
    -Hit & Run
    -+1 Ld to units within 6''

ill take two please now what is the down side to these angels of flamer in the face they sadly have T3 and only one attack so are they made for combat? yes and no what you do with them is have 1-2 Squads of sisters fire at the unit your trying to kill if you dont kill them/it you assault in with your Seraphim use 'Spirit of the martry' and hit & run out be for your turn this keeps them form assaulting/shooting you and lets your sisters Squads go unharmed by the unit you assaulted and if they die well you steal have your sisters to hit back with.
    and yes they are a finesse unit and if you know how to use them they will save you.

Last edited by GAX70; November 3rd, 2009 at 20:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I like Seraphim in a Mech army although some don't. They can be easily hid behind Rhinos if you model them a bit different so it's easy to keep them alive. They can jump over your Rhinos to bust a tank (I prefer them in a small armor hunter role with an Evis) or tie something up in CC for a turn. That saves your SoB from getting assaulted so they can keep doing what they're good at.

I suppose you could just run more SoB but sometimes it just works out that you're going to be assaulted if you get close enough to do damage.

Their models also kick ass. :]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i love jump units people seem to underestimate how far they can move and taking my opponent by surprise is how i win most of my games.

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Ok...Serephim Rock...hardcore...I have used them in so many ways...I just this night ran them with my Cannoness and took out two demonprinces and a Harold on a chariot. With a beefed-up Cannoness you can use them as a beatstick. Use them with The Saint and things are looking to be even more fun. As of late I find that two five girl squads with flame-pistols go very far, but I will give one either sick-ass chain sword or a infirno pistol and do a little tank hunting...if only to get my opponent moving futher towards my melta guns and Heavy flamers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. They look to good to pass up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just started playing Sister and the Seraphim so far have been very effective. I'm currently running 9 (too many i know but i had 40 spare points and nowhere else to spend it) 2 Inferno pistols and a Evicerator on the superior, they can tank hunt, tie units in close combat and give me the speed to counter attack with and protect my scoreing units. So a big thumbs up from me "They Rock" and as people have already said the models are Sweet!
    Last edited by Echoaaron; November 1st, 2009 at 00:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

There are a lot of fans of Seraphs with 2flamers, and about 8-9 strong with book and Evisc. for taking out troops.

I find 2inferno pistols, VSS w/book and Evisc, and 3Bolt pistols effective.

either they are ignored as they skip across the board, and they kill a tank or heavy weapon troops, or they get a LOT of anti-tank shots thrown at them, and the SoB's in rhinos make it across the board. either way, they did a valuable job.

I personally love when they jump to midfield, and get charged on the opponents turn. Then, the VSS and inferno pistols hit-n-run for an average 11", then move 12" more, and kill something on the OTHER side of the board.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

anyone deepstrike their girls?

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I like my lovely flying ladies in full squads of 10 with two Hand Flamers, a VSS with Evicerator and Book. This makes them great at Anti-troop, and decent at AT. I like full squads as they will get shot at by veteran players and this gives them more survivability.

I also like using them with my Mech list behing a Rhino wall for a good counter-assault un
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Ah, the venerable sisters of the two tulips...er 2 TLIPs. I run a single squad of six with meltapistols, book, and evic. Ridiculously good tank hunters, can hide from shooting in assault, since they can leave any time they want, and get across the board in a hurry when needed. Six makes it easier to deny LOS when stalking tanks...I tried 8, and they could soak more damage, but they also took more fire because I had a third more models to try and hide behind that dandelion over there.

/edit/

Six also makes it easier to give them SOTM when they are stuck in the open enroute to taking out that vindicator that's threatening to evaporate entire battle sister squads.

I do appreciate their potential to murder enemy troops...but I have cheaper ways of doing that. Antitank firepower is harder to come by in a sisters list.
    Last edited by Marnepup; November 3rd, 2009 at 20:25.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast