i have lost faith... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have lost faith...

ok, so far my wld counter has drastically changed I've had 3 times as many extra losses than wins and its the fact is 3+ good enough.What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

You do know you've only had 6 games so far. I take it you are of the creed that goes 'this army is pap I'll go get a new one' if things go wrong? If you were talking about DE or DH (as you did so not long ago as memory serves) perhaps you could blame the tools but you play THE most balanced and playable race there is. If you think T4 +3 is rubbish (I take it this is what you mean as your post makes no sense) then there is something your not quite getting.

Post a list or what happened in your games to give some idea and for us to give some advise instead of whining.

PL
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; October 2nd, 2009 at 23:58.
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh?

ok, trying not not to cut your throat off phoenix ok right i had 30 marines, terminator squad and captain the other side was a defiler, 20 plague marines and and nurgle lord ,after 4 turns i was down to 5 marines and the captain, what do you think? oh and i've actually have had about 20 odd games thank you very much

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    ok, trying not not to cut your throat off phoenix ok right i had 30 marines, terminator squad and captain the other side was a defiler, 20 plague marines and and nurgle lord ,after 4 turns i was down to 5 marines and the captain, what do you think? oh and i've actually have had about 20 odd games thank you very much
    In all honesty what he said was perfectly fair an valid. Your hostility makes it impossible for me to even take this thread seriously.

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

No vehicules? Just a bunch of tacticals some termies and a captain against a Battle Cannon, one of the most (if not the most, depend what shoot them) resilient troop whose special weapons are prime anti-meq and a resilient Enough HQ?

Yeah, unless those Tacticals were carrying Plasma cannons and that Termie squad was some nasty fast hitting, hard hitting melee squad (as plaguies have init3, and even then you would have had to isolate one 10 pack and wipe it out completely before dealing with the rest...) that was gonna be a harsh game from the start, especially if you didn't stick to cover/use line of sight denial tactics against the Defiler...

Your main problems were probably the Battle Cannon (as well as Defiler's CC ability), Resiliency and Plasma and/or Meltas of the Plague Marines. Transports solve some of those problems (busting transport with a single Battle Cannon isn't very reliable, and since tacticals should be trying to avoid charging Plague Marines (most likely with a Lord Attached) as much as possible unless the odds are strongly on their side (IE 3 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 with a bunch of power weapons/fists/etc)) The rest is dependent on what you take as Special/Heavy Weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentdeathz View Post
    In all honesty what he said was perfectly fair an valid. Your hostility makes it impossible for me to even take this thread seriously.
    I have to agree, and I don't care what you have to say about what I think. It's taken me more than 200 games to start even winning. Maybe you're not taking the right things or maybe you're just not using them right. Stop complaining and getting mad at others for your mistakes.

Read the posts and don't go off on other people. This game takes a while to learn and if you're in a hurry you're not going to do any better. in fact you'll probably end up harming your own playing skills.
    I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    ok, so far my wld counter has drastically changed I've had 3 times as many extra losses than wins and its the fact is 3+ good enough.What do you guys think?
    "Ok gentlemen. So far my win/loss/draw counter has taken a turn for the worse. I have begun to lose games, maybe three times as many losses to my victories. I am curious if a 3+ armor save is enough to carry my army forth against my enemy, or if you wonderful people could give me some advice to aid me in the future. Any help appreciated and thank you in advance."

Well now Username1, a loss can occur for any number of reasons. Perhaps your opponent made use of troops tailored to defeating your own Space Marines, perhaps they pulled a devil-ish tactic out of their butt or perhaps you have made some errors in your army selection. I would love if you could provide us with an army list of your current force, or the current force you use in games (let us know a points limit, and how you have equipped everything, but remember that we don't do individual point costs on the forum).

Now, in regards to the chaos force you played against, (I am going to guess that your game was at roughly 1,000 points here), the previous posters are right. Plague Marines are very tough cookies and are often equipped to be able to deal with the heaviest of infantry and vehicles. As the opposing player had a Defiler (one of my favorite vehicle/monster/walker/cool model in the game), you would have had your work cut out for you. Not knowing how you have your Space Marines kitted out (three groups of 10? six groups of 5? They may not even have missile launchers which could explain some of the difficulty). Really, you would be facing a large template blaster, alongside any other weapons the opposing player had kitted it out with, not even bothering with the close combat potential of the brute. The only things you could have really used to deal with it would be, I'm assuming, the Terminators with Power Fists. Not really a good anti-armor option due to speed and their ability to get shot at by nearly everything your opponent can throw at you.

In closing, try to give us a little more to work with before trying to, as you put it "trying not not to cut your throat off". Your first post was a little hard to understand (I won't even claim to understand it completely), but taking a moment to re-read something before you post it can help to notice any jarring errors in grammar or pieces that could be interpreted in multiple ways. It was also a real shot in the dark in regards to games played. You don't keep your win/loss/draw in your signature, so try not to be condescending when people make mistakes guessing how often/how much you've played.

How did you handle yourself in these other 19 or so games? You've only mentioned a single match against a chaos list that went bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Try switching out your terminators for a devastator squad with 4 missile launchers and a few rhinos. The devies should heelp out at dealing with the defiler and some krak missiles to the face will knnock down some plague marines (FnP isn't good when they don't get their save and their high T is still wounded on 2+).

Give your tactical squads some plasma cannons. These will wound plague marines on 2's and knock out their saves and FnP.

This is basically a list I suggest you try (I'm assuming that your games are 750 points; thats what your list looks to be.)

HQ
    Captain relic blade

Troops
    10 tacticals plasma cannon power fist meltagun rhino
    10 tacticals plasma cannon power fist meltagun rhino

Heavy Support
    5 devies 4 missile launchers

That should be about 750 points; if its a bit hight then drop a missile launcher or two from the devastators. I've run similar lists at 750 and they've done well for me; just remember to cmbat squad the tacticals.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by bLiNd View Post
    It was also a real shot in the dark in regards to games played. You don't keep your win/loss/draw in your signature, so try not to be condescending when people make mistakes guessing how often/how much you've played.
    He actually had his w/l/d counter in his sig when I posted but changed it to something he persevered as more macho like a kill counter. Like a gambler, you forget the losses and remember the wins.

He had 1w 3l 2d for his SM hence why I said 6 games, the 3 other armies posted may have added upto 20 but I think 2 of em were fantasy *shrugs*

Sorry if anyone thought I was snappy but over in the DH forum we had the..... lets say pleasure of the OP for a while. I don't even come to the SM section much, only when I saw the latest post as his I thought 'Gotta see what he put this time' and I wasn't disappointed.

PL
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; October 3rd, 2009 at 03:42.
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok

sorry guys, its just i've spent a lot of money on my marines but i dont think the moneys worth thaks for your help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast