Need help on Armour Regiment Goal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help on Armour Regiment Goal

I have no play much on IG, but i do like their tank, ever since the Apocaslypse rule came out, it give me the motivation to start a long term goal of collecting IG model to form a Armor Regiment.

I just have one problem........what define as a IG armored regiment? like what is the minmal company do you need to be quailify as having a Regiment? Does Armored Regiment mean it have to be tank only and no walker or skimmer/flyer?

I'm not much of IG player, since i mostly play Tau in a small skirmish. So i have no clue what to added to my list of collection i have so far.

So far i have:

3 Baneblade ( 2 glued and one magnetized for hellhammer option)
    1 Stormlord( lucky it is magnet for quick change)
    9 Basilisk
    3 Leman Russ MBT

These are my non-tank models, but no clue if you can include them.
    3 Armored Sentinel
    1 Valkyrie( unassemble)
    2 HWS(3 lascannon and 3 HB )
    3 infantry squad
    1 veteran squad
    1 ccs
    1 pcs

Right now i feel like i need to get some more Leman Russ tank, but no clue which variation.... or should i go with getting more infantry and load them in chimera?

Any advice on what to get to help expand my IG collection is appreciated....since i play Tau mostly, these IG are more likely the spoil of war gain from the Taro campaign that i heard of. That way it can be fluffy-wise...i hope that would make a vaild reason for them playing in Apocalypse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Some transports would be your priority, grab a bunch of chimeras or valkyries that you can stick all your foot troops in. Armoured companies aren't as strict as you mae out though. Generally each foot unit will have a transport, the rest of the army will have an AV, yes sentinels and valkyries are allowed!
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

If you were seriously into getting that many tanks I'd look into the Imperial Armour books from Forge World. They'll have a break down of what an Armoured company consists of and what an Armoured Regiment consists of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My armored regiment consists of

10 LRBT
    ---------
    1 executioner
    3 punishers
    3 demolishers
    3 vanquishers
    ------------
    11 armored sentinel
    ------------
    3 hellhound/variants
    ---------------
    1 baneblade
    ---------------
    1 stormlord
    ----------------
    1 shadowsword/ the rest of those variants
    ----------------
    1 chimera
    -----------------
    1 valkyrie
    ----------------
    9 lisks
    ----------------
    and enough foot sloggers to rock 2k points in a normal game
    ----------------
    from my point of view you can include any thing that really catches your eye, especially in Apocalypse games since there are no real "rules" for it, and you get all those fun tanks from forge world!!!!! but if your planing to take those troopers id say get some transports of some kind! but good luck with your armored company
    Angels with out wings are friends that need a lift

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Most armoured regiments usually consist of lots of Leman Russ tanks backed up by Sentinels and some Mechanised infantry. At the moment your army looks to be more of an Artillery regiment due to all those basilisks. Most armoured regiments usually have about 10 Leman Russ tanks (like cexules's). Like the others said: there aren't really any restrictions. As long as you can think of a reason for why they would be part of your army then go for whatever tanks you want.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just another word in from a person who has played back when the armored company was a legal list on its own, have all the same LRBT is not the best idea yea lots and lots of templates but having the ability to drop some templates that kill marines, some to kill terminators, and a few that are just to annoy the opponent and hopefully make them split the forces, i personal use Creed and scout out some chem dogs or hellhounds to to annoy them for that first turn and keep them off balance.

if possible in bigger apocalypse games keep the armor off the table and flank march them up the enemies back side,!!

Oh and BTW i run 20 LRBT 10 plain old LRBT and then 10 of the new variants.

Just my Opinion get a few of the Punishers that 90 shots a squad will ruin even the best generals plans. !!
    Angels with out wings are friends that need a lift

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

The typical layout of an IG regiment

Infantry Regiment
    Command HQ
    3-12 companies
    A company consists of 3-6 platoons and a company command squad
    A platoon cosists of a platoon command squad and 4-5 infantry squads
    A sqaud consists of a sergeant and 9 guardsmen
    (Mech regiments are the same only in chimeras; heavyy weapns companies will be mixed in with infantry regiments and will have heavy weapon squads rather than infantry squads)

Tank Regiment
    Command HQ (normally in a salamander or chimera)
    3-12 Tank Companies
    A company consists of a company command tank 3 Tank Squads
    A tank squad consists of 3 tanks, one is the command tank (equivilent of a platoon command squad)
    A Tank has the tank commander (sarg) and normally 4-5 others

Super Heavy Regiment
    Command HQ (stays at the base)
    3 Companies of superheavies
    Each company consists of 1 superheavy
    Each superheavy has 1 tank commander (company commander equivilent) along with numerous sergeant level troops who are the best of the best taken from other tank crews and given extra training.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    The typical layout of an IG regiment

Infantry Regiment
    Command HQ
    3-12 companies
    A company consists of 3-6 platoons and a company command squad
    A platoon cosists of a platoon command squad and 4-5 infantry squads
    A sqaud consists of a sergeant and 9 guardsmen
    (Mech regiments are the same only in chimeras; heavyy weapns companies will be mixed in with infantry regiments and will have heavy weapon squads rather than infantry squads)

Tank Regiment
    Command HQ (normally in a salamander or chimera)
    3-12 Tank Companies
    A company consists of a company command tank 3 Tank Squads
    A tank squad consists of 3 tanks, one is the command tank (equivilent of a platoon command squad)
    A Tank has the tank commander (sarg) and normally 4-5 others

Super Heavy Regiment
    Command HQ (stays at the base)
    3 Companies of superheavies
    Each company consists of 1 superheavy
    Each superheavy has 1 tank commander (company commander equivilent) along with numerous sergeant level troops who are the best of the best taken from other tank crews and given extra training.

The Emperor Protects
    Thanks that give me a better idea of what the IG organization force list look like. I though it take three super heavy to make a company?

Anyway, by that list, i going to assume that for regiment you only need three company of something. So i'm more then 2/3 done of meeting that requirement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Hunter View Post
    Thanks that give me a better idea of what the IG organization force list look like. I though it take three super heavy to make a company?

Anyway, by that list, i going to assume that for regiment you only need three company of something. So i'm more then 2/3 done of meeting that requirement.
    Yes but the regiments are split; there will be no infantry in an armoured regiment, no MBTs in an artillary regiment... So you actually have a good start on making numerous regiments. Which is fine because Guard regiments rarely fight alone; at least on their terms...

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Saviour of the worthy Lord Castellan Mik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x1)

True, however, you can have a large (3+ companies) Armoured Regiment that also has an 'All Arms' support Company / Battalion (Infantry Company, Arty Battery, and so on) attached to it

I have an Apoc IG Armoured force with 2 Companies of varied LR, Recon Company (Sentinels, etc), 3 Companies of Super Heavy (Titan hunter, Seige, Battlefield support), Arty Company, Infantry Battalion (4 Companies - 2 general, 1 Mechanised, 1 Airborne) - anything is possible - just look at some of the WW2 formations for ideas

Mik
    Stress… is when you wake up screaming
    and realise you haven't fallen asleep yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast