HQ+squad ideas, lf feedback - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ+squad ideas, lf feedback

So i'm toying around with a few HQ ideas. My list is almost always mass tac squad in rhinos w/ melta and pf's and a x3 land speeder squadron w/ mm and hf.

My first idea is to add a termy squad x5 w/ cml and a Librarian in termy armor and ss. Gate and avenger for the powers. 375

the other idea is to run casius with an assault squad minus the packs with a flamer and thunder hammer and putting the squad in a rhino this variant comes to 327pts

I am limited on bits for the assault squad i have enough marines to do enough w/ bp/cs. but not enough jump packs for that idea. also i like the idea of the opponent not knowing which Rhino holds the cc.

Looking for feed back for pros and cons of both variants, keeping in mind the army list described above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the cassius and unjump packed assault squad but you cant assault out of a rhino now if u had a landraider mmmm but it would still work if you rhino rushed him and put the rhino in front for his turn so he has to destroy it it would also be pretty good for killing bigger things with cassius toughness excuse spellings its early

oh and if u could really really squeeze the points take a vanguard in stead if you got the bits to do it i love the vanguard that would really hurt

my 2 pence worth anyhows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I also looked at the vanguard idea, i think its 50~ more points and you can add PW's and such, but once you start adding to stuff to the vets it gets really expensive really quick though if i where to go that route i'd probably add pw's to 2 other marines (i don't own any lightning claws or i'd add one of those too)

that gets it around 400pts, which is the most i'd ever want to spend on an HQ + his squad this would do well vs most squads it charged but at that point cost i think i may be able to do better like a bike com squad is a little more than 400 w/ khan. which i also have modelled, and a lone cap w/ jump pack.

just trying to find the one that work with this list the best.

Termy squad w/ librarian is a hard hitting and tough as nails and highly versatile. put a few tp homers on some srgs and away you go. 375
    or
    Cassius/assault squad w/ thunder hammer in rhino 327
    or
    Bike command squad w/ khan, very fast, improved toughness, outflanking, and furious charge. 440 however they draw a lot of fire, though just outflanking with this squad has served me quite well in a few matches.

+ Reply to Thread