Apothecary Rhino Doors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apothecary Rhino Doors

Can anyone tell me of any private companies who make customized parts for space marines. I'm after Rhino doors and hatches with the apothecary symbol on them. Have had no luck with Forge World. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen anything like that anywhere. My advice: make some out of plasticard. Find the apothecary symbol, resize it, print it out, and trace it onto plasticard. If you put the print out on top of the plasticard and then push down with a ballpoint pen, you will get an indentation of the symbol. then, just cut out the card and put it into the rhino door. bam.
    I couldn't think of anything funny, smart, or witty to say, so I said this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, it's probably the easiest way. Alternatively you could just use some greenstuff and model it yourself, but that needs a little more skill. The plastic card method is safe and pretty easy/fast to accomplish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

may i ask why a rhino would need apothecary doors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may indeed ask! I'm making a 3000+ sized apocalypse army based on the Raptors chapter. My force will mostly comprise of mechanized units sat inside rhino's and razorbacks.

My plan is to have a vehicle specifically for my apothecary (this is purely for looks of course). The tank I wanted to use was the Sisters of battle Repressor and use the tank along with symbols to depict a mobile battlefield hospital for carting marines off the front line and back to relative safety. This is all just my little way of adding some extra realism to the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

man post some of those pics up when your done, im very curious.
    FOR THE GREAT SANGUINIUS AND THE EMPEROR....red and black all the way.
    Theme song for the Death Company. "Gory Gory" By the men of Easy company, 101st Airborne, 506.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man no worries, I'll get them up as soon as I have it finalized. But to maybe quell some of that curiosity thought I'd say a little more about the army I'm doing. Perhaps some of you have suggestions or idea's you'd like to throw my way?

Its the Raptors chapter (night-fight green) not the icky two tone thats re-appeared in codex sm 5. I'm going against the fast attack role identified with the Raptors and heading up an armored defense/siege force. The force so far consists of 3 Razorbacks each with Forge world multi-melta. One carries the Captain and a Sternguard bodyguard. One carries a 6 man devastator squad packing heavy bolters. And the final Carrying a vanguard veteran squad of 6 on foot.

Expanding next month with 3 Rhino's. Each carrying a tactical squad, each with heavy bolter & flamer. Not yet decided what the sergeants will be carrying.

I have 1 out of 3 predators annihilators with twin Heavy bolters. The tanks would have a primary role of plugging in any gaps in my line as well as being the main anti tank part of my army.

A vindicator would be thrown into the mix as well as the Apothecary's repressor and a Damocles command tank. ALL of the tanks have extra armor and dozer blades, I know this will eat up points like crazy, but by god does it look awesome They also all have the Forge world raptors side doors and front plate and all have the imperial aquilla rear ramp door!

Finally a mortis dreadnaught with twin auto-cannons and a venerable dreadnaught with either a heavy flamer or plasma cannon.

Let me know what you think guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I can't wait to see it.

Seems like you've put a lot of though into it based on what you've written there.
    Space Wolves: Great Company of Berek Starkiller, 3700 pts.
    Imperial Guard: XII Cytherian Regiment: 1400 pts.
    15 years experience, numerous other models not fielded.

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

A wh40k ambulance. I'm intrigued. Definitely post some pics, I'm very interested in the color scheme you are planning to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The color scheme I'm using at the moment is intended to reflect the style of fighting that I hope to use this army for. Mostly city fight/urban warfare. Base coat of black applied first, followed by catachan green as the main armor color. I'm using Camo green as the highlight.

Then on the sculpted doors I'm using Tin Bitz followed by a highlight of Dwarf bronze. I'm using the darker tones to emphasize the style of warfare (to be unseen). Nothing more obvious than a tank covered in bright shiny colors.

The eagle itself has been given an all over of scorched brown to give it depth, followed by snake bite leather highlights and a final dry brush of bleach bone. The beak was an all over bleach bone, highlighted with skull white. The eyes red gore and blood red.

I'm toying with the idea of adding a search lamp to my vehicle from a left over landraider set. But instead of the yellow bulb, using a red bulb. Red bulbs because red light wouldnt affect the eye sight of un-helmeted marines.

On the ambulance itself I would use the same scheme but perhaps use bleach bone on the extra armour plates (which would make it stand out from the other tanks) and use bleach bone on the symbol itself.

I'll try to get some pics up later this evening of the Razorback I have in progress! Hope you guys enjoy.

I've attached (or at least i hope i have) a picture of the inspiration for my army.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast