Death Korps Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Korps Codex

Ok, so I bought the Imperial Guard Codex with advice that there was information about the Death Korps of Krieg inside. There was a tiny little blurb paragraph about them, but nothing else really.

I am wondering if the Death Korps has any different rules than standard Imperial Guard. Such as Space wolves are derived from Space Marines, but are different. Or.... are the Death Korps Models and Catachan Jungle Fighters, and Talarn Rough Riders, just different looking models with the same rules as old Imperial Guard?

I guess I just thought that they would have some added cool rules. Like "Can't smell Ork Farts" cause they wear gas masks or something.

Any advice on where to find Death Korps specific rules, or are they just cool looking models with Imperial Guard rules?

P.S. Oh, and I was informed that I should not invest in the Forge World Books "Siege of Vraks", which contains info on them, because it was all just fluff, and not rules.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

All the variant regiments all use the standard guard codex. Under the old edition codex you could customize the regiment using doctrines. Honestly if you want Death Korps theme just you the models (or convert your own if they are too pricey) and just equip them with Death Korps ideaologies in mind.

As for Siege of Vraks, I've read through them and there quite a bit of rules (though I don't remember if they're for Death Korps or Steel Legion). Thing about forge world is that they aren't legal by GW standards. You can only play with those rules if your opponent gives you permission and they generally aren't allowed in tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sege of Vraks books contain special rules for DKOK but those are now outdated with the realese of the new Imperial Guard Codex. Also, these special rules and units can only be used with your oppent's okay and won't be allowed in tournements. It is probably best to use the regular codex rules. So yes, all the different types of models are just different imperial guard.

However, you could design a fluffy list and use DKOK models. Include lots of artillery, cheap infantry and use human wave tactics.

For DKOK fluff, here is a link to the first siege of vraks book:

+ Link removed +

Please do not post material scanned from official GW books, codices or novels. This is a violation of their IP and they are known to dislike this. A lot.

Thanks.

Kuffy
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; October 14th, 2009 at 19:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using the current codex as a DKoK army, limit yourself to taking units that seem fluffy to the army and maybe adapt one or 2 SCs to fit your theme. Marbo, for examle, could be a crack tunneler who in siege missions can tunnel under enemy lines to pop up and blow strategic holes in the lines with his demo charge. Pask is fairly easy to use as a tank ace. With a little imagination you can easily make up your own "codex" from existing IG units.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Superflat Monogram Sayomi Akimoto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

To be honest, you are probably better off using the current IG codex and sticking with fluffy/justified units, as the Siege of Vraks Forge World book, which contains rules for the Death Korps of Krieg, is pretty bad. They use the same old expensive point values from the last codex and as with the doctrines of that era did almost nothing worth mentioning.

The only reason I could think of using the Forge World rules would be to take advantage of their special Rough Riders/HQ, which isn't all that great anyway.

Thus, take the following choices for your Kriegite army to simulate, but ultimaely create a far more effective DKOK list:

HQ-
    The Command Squad and Comissar Lord are your mandatory HQs; Creed or Straken are preferable. Master of Ordinance is almost a must.

Elites-
    Stormies only.

Troops-
    Large, 50 man platoons with special weapons only; your heavy weapons will only be found in the platoon command or heavy weapons teams. To simulate the tenacity of the DKOK without the ridiculous per model price, take comissars as you need or the Chekhov.

Vets are questionable, but they must be fielded with carapace armor. So are conscripts.

Penal legionaires are also questionable and should appear obviously different from the rest of the army.

Fast Attack-
    Rough Riders are the obvious choice, but the Hellhound and its variants are acceptable as well, just do not squadron them. No Valkyrie or Vendetta, as they were never issued them.

Heavy Support
    Load up on any artilery you want. If you do wish to take tanks, take them only singularly; no squadrons. The DKOK is armed with few tanks; only enough to engage in tank to tank warfare and assist in mass infantry crossings.

No Chimeras; if you want transports take the Centaur.

An army composed in such a way emulates the DKOK army list and play style without actually using the shod list. If you'd like to use the Forgeworld specific models, such as the quad guns and the like, use them as the FW rules indicate when attaching them to a standar IG army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for all the posts. This has really helped out a lot. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread