Advice For New Sob Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've always had kind of a soft spot for the Sisters of Battle, particularly Seraphim. So I broke down and bought a lot off of E-Bay. Now I need some advice as to how to put this whole monster together coherently (equipment, squad size/makeup, etc). I'll be playing pure Tau, one or two Tyranids, Space Marines (various chapters), the ubiquitous IG (we've got one guy who is insanely armor heavy, I believe he once fielded about 5,000 points of IG armor on his own, that was scary), and apparently all of our Eldar players have come back from various trips around the world simultaneously to ruin my day. Here's what I currently have. Advice is always appreciated.

(HQ)
    1 Confessor Khirov (I can't find the rules for him, but I imagine they will be in the Codex that's coming with him)
    1 Cannoness
    1 Icon Bearer
    3 Priests
    3 Servitors

(FA)
    2 (5) member Seraphim squads w/Sis Sup and hand-flamer (I'm thinking I should probably either combine them, or at least bulk them up to the full 10)

(HS)
    3 Sis w/Heavy Bolter
    3 Sis w/Heavy Flamer
    3 Sis w/Multimelta(ahh...Havoc in a can)
    1 Penitent Engine

(TR)
    2 (10) Sister Squads w/Sis Sup and Heavy Flamer

Extras (Stuff that pretty much got thrown in for customizing the force)
    7 Bolter Sis
    4 Sis Sup w/Power Sword
    2 Sis Sup w/Bolter
    1 Sis Sup w/Power Mace
    3 Flamer Sis
    3 Catachan Sentinel Walkers (painted and everything, they look pretty sweet)
    4 Immolators (not quite sure who to mount in them)

I've also got some GKs coming. I was thinking of inducting some of them if I can.

10 Terminators including GM and 1 incinerator
    18 GKPA
    4 GK w/incinerator
    4 Justicars
    1 Land Raider

Thanks in advance for any advice.

"Know of course thine enemy. But in knowing him, do not forget, above all, to know thyself."
    Alpha Centauri

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Brave choice of army. Very tricky to win. I do suggest at least one more Penitent Engine (just 1 gets shot down so fast), Battle Sisters with meltaguns/flamers and... HOLY CRAP! 4 IMMOLATORS!

Are these the old immolators or the new ones? I ask because the rules allow you to mount twin-linked multi-meltas or heavy bolters in place of the flamers of doom.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

Originally posted by Doublefine@Aug 27 2004, 011
    (HQ)
    1 Confessor Khirov (I can't find the rules for him, but I imagine they will be in the Codex that's coming with him)
    1 Cannoness
    1 Icon Bearer
    3 Priests
    3 Servitors
    Seems ok. Be sure to equip your Canoness correctly; she can be a real pain for your enemy. Mine is equipped with an inferno pistol, power weapon, jump pack, mantle of ophelia, Cloak of St. Aspira, and depending on the occasion, a rosarius for a nice inv. save.

(FA)
    2 (5) member Seraphim squads w/Sis Sup and hand-flamer (I'm thinking I should probably either combine them, or at least bulk them up to the full 10)
    get 2 flamer seraphims per squad, or one with 2 inferno pistols. Flamers work great against infantry, and inferno pistols against vehicles or really tough units.

(HS)
    3 Sis w/Heavy Bolter
    3 Sis w/Heavy Flamer
    3 Sis w/Multimelta(ahh...Havoc in a can)
    1 Penitent Engine
    This is tricky. According to the witch hunters codex, retributors may only have heavy bolters or multi meltas, and only 4 heavy weapons in a squad... And indeed, one or two extra penitent engines wouldn't hurt.

(TR)
    2 (10) Sister Squads w/Sis Sup and Heavy Flamer
    excelent choise, but keep in mind that the heavy flamers are heavy weapons, and cannot shoot if you moved the turn...

Extras (Stuff that pretty much got thrown in for customizing the force)
    7 Bolter Sis
    4 Sis Sup w/Power Sword
    2 Sis Sup w/Bolter
    1 Sis Sup w/Power Mace
    3 Flamer Sis
    3 Catachan Sentinel Walkers (painted and everything, they look pretty sweet)
    4 Immolators (not quite sure who to mount in them)
    7 bolter sisters, 1 heavy flamer sister from the heavy support, 1 flamer sister, and a sis sup with power weapon, and you have a nice third troop...
    Use the immolators with the retributors (heavy weapons), this allows you to combine them with the troop and lets you take 2 retributor squads (so 2 immolators as well) and the penitent engines as heavy support choise. Major surprise for your enemy when he sees those unload!
    Or you could swap the penitent engines for an exorcist, once you have one...

I've also got some GKs coming. I was thinking of inducting some of them if I can.

10 Terminators including GM and 1 incinerator
    18 GKPA
    4 GK w/incinerator
    4 Justicars
    1 Land Raider
    They make for real nice allies. The terminators' good saves could prove valuable, although they cos a lot of points...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by CBrate@Aug 27 2004, 01:23
    Are these the old immolators or the new ones? I ask because the rules allow you to mount twin-linked multi-meltas or heavy bolters in place of the flamers of doom.
    [snapback]203927[/snapback]
    These Immolators are described as Out of Production. I haven't seen the current ones or the old ones so I can't tell you exactly when they're from. I'll try to post a pic soon as I get one.

Also, I just wanted to clarify something. I picked up all the Sisters (and Khirov) in the same auction. I'm really, really new to all of this. So I was just throwing out the pieces that I had, looking for advice on what has worked well in the past. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excelent choise, but keep in mind that the heavy flamers are heavy weapons, and cannot shoot if you moved the turn...

This is not true. That would make a heavy flamer all but useless. The heavy flamer is the ONLY heavy weapon you can move and shoot with. Take a look in your rulebook and you'll see.

Also, I believe they even changed the heavy flamer into an assault weapon in 4th edition to prevent further confusion, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Just to reiterate, you CAN fire a heavy flamer on the move.

(Otherwise it'd be useless).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've gone and done it. I got the stuff in the mail today. I'm still going through it all, but I've more or less managed to scrap together a 500pt army list. I posted it over in the Army List section for comment. Let me know what you think. I also posted a Tyranid list (Quickly glances around and ducks under cover). The group I play with is corrupting me. Comments are welcome for both. Thanks.

P.S. I don't see rules for Confessor Khirov in the Codex. Is there a white dwarf or something that he appeared in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x2)

Originally posted by serpentine@Aug 30 2004, 11:38
    This is not true. That would make a heavy flamer all but useless. The heavy flamer is the ONLY heavy weapon you can move and shoot with. Take a look in your rulebook and you'll see.

Also, I believe they even changed the heavy flamer into an assault weapon in 4th edition to prevent further confusion, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
    Just to reiterate, you CAN fire a heavy flamer on the move.
    (Otherwise it'd be useless).
    [snapback]204841[/snapback]
    You're right, I'm sorry. In the rulebook it says heavy 1, but inm the witch hunters codex it sais assult 1...

So you can indeed fire a heavy flamer on the move. Sorry for the earlier statement, my bad...
    "I have died a thousand deaths, and I will die a million more..."

Closed Thread