Help with Wolfguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Member GHOST00216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Griffin, Ga
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    18 (x1)

    Help with Wolfguard

    I have two Grey Hunter Squads and I want to add Wolf guard leaders for them but have no idea how to outfit said Wolfguard. The two squads break down like this:

    Grey Hunters x10
    2 plasma guns
    battle standard
    powerfist
    195pts

    Grey Hunters x10
    2 flamers
    mark of the wolfin
    battle standard
    powerfist
    200pts

    The on with the flamers assaults and the one with the plasma provides covering fire and assaults if needed.

    So what would compliment these two squad loadouts.

    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
    Clicky

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    NCIS fan MaleOpener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST00216 View Post
    I have two Grey Hunter Squads and I want to add Wolf guard leaders for them but have no idea how to outfit said Wolfguard. The two squads break down like this:

    Grey Hunters x10
    2 plasma guns
    battle standard
    powerfist
    195pts

    Grey Hunters x10
    2 flamers
    mark of the wolfin
    battle standard
    powerfist
    200pts

    The on with the flamers assaults and the one with the plasma provides covering fire and assaults if needed.

    So what would compliment these two squad loadouts.

    If you want/have the points, a wolf guard terminator with a CML, and place it with the grey hunters with the plasma guns.

    If you don't want to be an arse, a wolf guard in power armor, armed with a storm bolter and wolf claw or frost weapon. They can be used with both grey hunter packs.

    I'm not a big fan of the Wolf Banner, since I don't like paying for one-shot items, unless it has a REALLY good ability. Though the flamer pack may benefit from it more.



  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

    Shooty one, I like the power armor with storm-bolter + PF or the WG Termie will CML and storm bolter/PF

    Assault support I would again put in a PF, with combi-flamer.

    For either option if you think the single GH PF is enough, then you can take wolf claws with or without termie armor.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

  5. #4
    Member GHOST00216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Griffin, Ga
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    18 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by MaleOpener View Post
    .

    I'm not a big fan of the Wolf Banner, since I don't like paying for one-shot items, unless it has a REALLY good ability. Though the flamer pack may benefit from it more.
    I like the banner becuase it re-rolls failed armor saves, ten points for a full turn of re-rolls is worth it IMO.

    I only have AOBR termies at the moment so no CML, but it sounds nice. Hpw does a Termie with storm bolter and PF sound?
    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
    Clicky

  6. #5
    Cheeeese Tyfus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Age
    45
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

    I would just go for a WG with PF. if you have the points give the WG in the shooty squad a combi-weapon.

    But another option is to trim them a little further.

    Shooty GH: 10 GH, 2 special weapons, WG with PF and combi-weapon.

    CC GH: 10 GH, 2 special weapons, WG with PF, mark of wulfen and wolf standard.

    If you have 10 GH and the WG, i guess you are walking around the fields. I would consider trimming them down to 10 and giving them some rhinos. Something like this:

    Shooty GH: 10 GH, 2 special weapons, mark of wulfen.

    CC GH: 9 GH, one special weapon, WG with PF, mark of wulfen and wolf standard.

    By the way: the wolf standard is great value for the points in my opinion.

    Last edited by Tyfus; October 16th, 2009 at 20:28.

  7. #6
    Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST00216 View Post
    I like the banner becuase it re-rolls failed armor saves, ten points for a full turn of re-rolls is worth it IMO.

    I only have AOBR termies at the moment so no CML, but it sounds nice. Hpw does a Termie with storm bolter and PF sound?

    I am almost 100% positive this is supposed to refer to re-rerolling to hit attacks. It would make no sense to have it re-reroll failed armor saves. As poorly of a written book as this is, to me it is clear it means re-roll all dice that have a one on it when determining to hit attacks.

    Don't be surprised if you opponent argues with you over it, as I would. Expect this to be in the FAQ.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    3 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Guard View Post
    I am almost 100% positive this is supposed to refer to re-rerolling to hit attacks. It would make no sense to have it re-reroll failed armor saves. As poorly of a written book as this is, to me it is clear it means re-roll all dice that have a one on it when determining to hit attacks.

    Don't be surprised if you opponent argues with you over it, as I would. Expect this to be in the FAQ.

    ... What? Have you even read the codex?

    It very clearly states that you re-roll ALL die rolls of one in the Assault Phase. ALL. Armor Saves, To Hits, to Wounds etc etc. The only situation you would not reroll a one is if you rerolled a die and it came up a one, you never reroll a reroll.

  9. #8
    LO Zealot BossGorestompa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,349
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyfus View Post
    I would just go for a WG with PF. if you have the points give the WG in the shooty squad a combi-weapon.

    But another option is to trim them a little further.

    Shooty GH: 10 GH, 2 special weapons, WG with PF and combi-weapon.

    CC GH: 10 GH, 2 special weapons, WG with PF, mark of wulfen and wolf standard.

    If you have 10 GH and the WG, i guess you are walking around the fields. I would consider trimming them down to 10 and giving them some rhinos. Something like this:

    Shooty GH: 10 GH, 2 special weapons, mark of wulfen.

    CC GH: 9 GH, one special weapon, WG with PF, mark of wulfen and wolf standard.

    By the way: the wolf standard is great value for the points in my opinion.

    MOTW seems like a bit of a waste on WG. If anything, upgrade a GH with it.

    Otherwise, I do like WGT w/ CML, if you're not hurting for points. It's an expensive option at 63 points for the model, but the model does bring at least 63 points of effect to the squad. Worth it if you're low on heavy weapons.

    But if you're not giving the GH squad a CML to play with, then keep the Terminator armour off the WG, as it prevents the whole unit from making sweeping advances. WG w/ (PF or PW) and/or Combi would be better.

    Wolf Standard is also supremely awesome. I don't know where you come off saying the codex is poorly written. Perhaps you should go back to uni and take a refresher in English? It's all very straight forward, I think. Wolf Standard allows the unit to reroll any dice roll of 1 during the next assault phase. Any dice roll. This also includes sweeping advance checks, morale checks (hey, could be useful during those rare occasions that you want to fail), dice checks made to resist psychic powers.. etc.

    Cheers
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

  10. #9
    Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

    Yes I have read the codex, hence my optimism. Once again I am sure this will be FAQ'd
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    13 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Guard View Post
    Yes I have read the codex, hence my optimism. Once again I am sure this will be FAQ'd

    Why would it need an FAQ? It is very clearly written in the codex that it allows you to reroll ANY ones in that assault phase. It is not ambiguous at all, I am confused as to why you think it needs an FAQ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts