Black Templar Armory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templar Armory

Black Templar armory question...

A couple of questions really...

With the onset of 5th edition the codex didn't change and reflect gear, upgrades and accessories from the new game, and my question is, is it legal to use items such as relic blades with your Marshal (at the listed 30 points in the 'vanilla' codex) or would that be terribly frowned upon? I want to start a BT list but am hesitant to do so if i will be held back by certain restrictions that i would like to use in my fluff.

Also, any dates or news on a better FAQ than the one GW put out that didn't cover... anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordDnigh View Post
    is it legal to use items such as relic blades with your Marshal
    No, just the stuff in the BT codex.

Also, any dates or news on a better FAQ than the one GW put out that didn't cover... anything?
    Unlikely until BT are re-released with a new codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Codexs not updated to 5th edition have to use both the 4th edition (or 3rd poor DE and Necrons) armory and the rules for those items as stated in there individual codex unless the 5E FAQ has updated it.

While you cannot select new options, I have seen GW put out notations about suggesting sportsman guidelines to stores hosting tournaments stating that they encourage people to allow gear that has been revised to use the current fifth edition rules, namely thing like storm shields now being 3+ rather than 4+. A Caviot with that is if that is the way you want to host a tourney, it should be all or nothing, not chose which individual rule per item/ability you want to use.

So new options/items/units/vehicles not in your codex or FAQ.... NOPE
    Updated rules mechanics in like 5th edition material... see your tourney host for ruling.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems only the Emperors champion gets a relic blade with the rules.
    If its all about the looks of it for you then you can always use a relic blade power weapon arm but count it as a powerweapon from the armoury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Black Templars were and are a stand alone codex. In the past codex books would just add onto the SM one, but not in the case of the BTs. In some respects, it's better, but in others its bad.

You'll have to wait until an update comes down the pipe for them. How long that'll be, who knows, though overall they seem pretty well balanced, so it might be a while (I've heard rumblings that a BA codex is in the works for 2010, sometime around Q2 maybe, but nothing is confirmed and it probably isn't BT if it isn't BA).

If its really an issue, ask you opponent if you can use some updated rules. Make your case as to why you should be allowed 3++ stormshields (as an example) and if they don't mind, go for it. Just be sure to ask nicely and don't build a list around the hope they'll say yes (honestly, if your army is gonna have 15 storm shield termies I don't think anyone would say yes, those things are awesome and nasty). This obviously doesn't apply to tournaments, just to friendly games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Simple Answer: You must follow the codex exactly

+ Reply to Thread