Our Brothers of the Adeptus Mechanicus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our Brothers of the Adeptus Mechanicus

So, the general theme I get from this forum is that Techpriests were rendered basically useless in this new codex. I'm curious as to why? Granted, the repair capability is nice, but kinda wonky to actually use, considering the Techpriest must be in base to base contact with the vehicle and it gives up it's Shooting Phase.
    But what about the idea of a Techpriest as an assault unit? They are in Power Armour, they've got a power weapon and a power fist that hits at Str 8... So why are they not used? And the other idea of a Techpriest leading a cadre of Gun-Servitors? Two Plasma Cannon shots seems like not a bad trade off...
    So, my fellow Imperial Commanders, why no love for the Adeptus Mechanicus?

112th Cadian Rifles - Since January 2009
    2/3/3
    MY Record - Overall 4/5/5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

They're overpriced for what little they do. Servitors are expensive and you can get those weapons cheaper elsewhere, and IG have better combat units in the form of Straken, blobs and allied GKs.

I wish they were useful, I'd love an AdMech army, but Techpriests still suck.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much, you also gotta remember that he's still a human. So expect that pricy unit to be clobbered by pretty much anything out there (even fire warriors). Which means your praying he and he's servitors survive long enough to make use of those power fists, and that sort of thing is meant for terminators. As for shooting, well ==Me== nailed that perfectly, you can get the guns cheaper elsewhere.

They are pretty devious in apocalypse games though, Just hide him behind a super Heavy (Baneblade) and go to town
    "In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
    "Pray to the emperor, but keep rowing to the shore!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granted; Techpriests do have a Guardsman stat-line... but I'm not advocating using them as a "go out and run around and whup ass" assault unit. I was thinking more along the lines of rear echelon support; fixing Artillery if the chance arises, tying up deep striking units, etc. A Techpriest, Servitors with Servo-Arms, charging a unit of Marines that Deep-Struck to kill my Bassie.... Sounds solid to me.
    2/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Maybe, but how many points is that? Couldn't you just have another tank with a heavy flamer in its hull to do that? Even if he did stay back, a handful of WS3 powerfist attacks isn't going to shut down any dedicated assault units. Straken and GKs do it better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Techmarine + 5 Servitors = 120 pts
    2 power attacks at STR 3 Init 3, and five Power attacks @ Str 6, init 1. all WS 3. one has 3+ armour and a BS 3 laspistol.

3 Gk Termies=151 pts:
    7 power attacks at Str 6, Init 4, WS 5. All have terminator armour, Shrouding, and BS 4 Storm bolters.

if you want a counter-charge unit, Knights are the way to go IMO. Stand them just in front of your long rang eweapons (who should be pressed against the back edge of the board so nothing can get behind them), and anything has to go through the knights to get to the tank/heavy weapon they're defending.
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno... something inside me feels .... dirty... about using allied Daemonhunters or Witchhunters... I play Imperial Guard to play just that.. Imperial Guard.
    2/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno... something inside me feels .... dirty... about using allied Daemonhunters or Witchhunters... I play Imperial Guard to play just that.. Imperial Guard.
    Plus, GK's are bullet magnets. EVERYONE knows them and what they do; so if I set down any GK models on the table, people shoot the livin shit outta them. A Techpriest with no Gun-Servitors... low-profile.
    And, to the "tank with flamer" in the back idea; the tank can't FIX the Bassie should it screw up and let it get it's Earthshaker blown up...
    2/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

You can stick GKs in a cheap-o Chimera, or if they're sitting back just rely on the Aegis.

Another tank can't fix the Bassie, but, you know, you have another tank!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Techpriests low profile? I know a lot of people would be quick to put a round through his skull, granted they aren't as flashy a GK terminators. Either way, Your basic guard squad is far cheaper, and a little more practical for tying up Deep strikers. Even if they lack that servo arm oomph
    "In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
    "Pray to the emperor, but keep rowing to the shore!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast