Holding home. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holding home.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Holding home.

Which unit do you use to hold your home objective? I personally don't think that our sisters are 100% cut out to hold home, which is why I usually ally a 5 man squad of PAGKs with 2 psycannons, which is backed up by an exo and HB rets if I'm running them. Mind you, I think our girls are fantastic at getting to their objectives, but I feel they lack the long range stopping power to defend the point. Of course, I've been playing my knights way more then my sisters and maybe the psycannons have spoiled me (with DH I usually have a shooty inq on back up)

So, once again, what do you use to hold home?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

The three players at my shop use basic SoB. It works very well if the objectives are placed close to the enemy lines, because they all play Mech and want to rush anyways. That means they don't have to backtrack and babysit an objective with Bolters.

I'd trust 10 SoB with Acts of Faith over 5 GKs, killing 5 MEQs is to easy. They have superior ranged guns but for my money I always want a large squad sitting on something. Especially because SoB can just sit in the Rhino and make you pop it before shooting them.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inducted Guard with Autocannons. Best home holders that I can think of.
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin Khan View Post
    Inducted Guard with Autocannons. Best home holders that I can think of.
    I second that. Though I usually back them up with Inquisitor Lord Karamazov. He is THE best objective defender I know of, though he cannot hold it himself.
    PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

You'd be surprised how well GKs hold objectives. In 1k points, 5 PAGKs with 2 psycannons, backed by an Inq with a PC/Mystics and an Exo hold a point fantastically. As the points go up you can add another GK or two, but they do fine. If I decide to run the HB ret squad, they're back there too. Meanwhile, I've got the rest of my girls spearing into another point.

Though, I also usually keep my point deep in my area. I'll try moving it forward and keeping a squad on there, but I see the sisters as a constant push forward so I have trouble seeing them stand around a point I guess xD

+ Reply to Thread