wolves as wargear question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member Dhoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    14 (x1)

    wolves as wargear question

    If an IC takes wolves as part of his wargear can he join another squad. I can't remember where I heard it but someone said that the IC loses his IC status if he takes wolves as wargear. Sorry if this has been asked before.

    Feed me Seymor!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member grantneodude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

    He does not lose his IC status, he is simply limited to joining units of TWC, or Fenrisian wolves, as stated in the codex. Or I guess other IC's that are also mounted on TW.
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

    LO Rules

  4. #3
    Member Dhoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    14 (x1)

    I'm sorry but I can't find anywhere in the codex where it says that if you take fenrisian wolves as wargear you can only join TWC squads or Fenrisian wolves. I know that if you take a Thunder Wolf mount you can only join other TWC or Fenrisian wolves, but I am just talking about taking the Fenrisain wolves as wargear not the mount.

    Basically what I want to know is if I can take a wolflord give him two fenrisian wolves as wargear and still put him in a squad of grey hunters or even a regular nonwargear squad of fenrisian wolvs.
    Feed me Seymor!!

  5. #4
    Torn ACL FTL ==Me=='s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

    He forms a unit with his puppies, so he's no longer able to join a unit. Tau have drones and their rules specifically state that they may still join units, Fenrisian Wolves have nothing of the sort in their entry.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

  6. #5
    Member Dhoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    14 (x1)

    Thanks for the replys and answer.
    Feed me Seymor!!

  7. #6
    jy2
    jy2 is offline
    Hive Fleet Pandora jy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    5,068
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    797 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    He forms a unit with his puppies, so he's no longer able to join a unit. Tau have drones and their rules specifically state that they may still join units, Fenrisian Wolves have nothing of the sort in their entry.
    Nowhere does it say the character loses his IC status when he takes some Fenrisian wolves. The wolves are just that...wargear...but with a profile and which takes up 2 spaces in a transport. They are not even a retinue, meaning you can still target the character in close-combat.

  8. #7
    Senior Member grantneodude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

    But the Wolves cannot join a unit, as they are not IC's. Thus the newly formed unit cannot join a unit, although that doesn't stop other IC's from joining that unit. Not to mention I don't believe wolves can get into a transport can they?
    Tyranids & Daemons: Soul & Biomatter please.

    LO Rules

  9. #8
    NCIS fan MaleOpener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoom View Post
    If an IC takes wolves as part of his wargear can he join another squad. I can't remember where I heard it but someone said that the IC loses his IC status if he takes wolves as wargear. Sorry if this has been asked before.
    1. The IC doesn't lose his IC status.

    2. He still may join packs as normal.

    3. Each wolf takes up 2 model spaces in a vehicle.

    4. They disappear when their "master" is slain.


  10. #9
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    830 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by grantneodude View Post
    But the Wolves cannot join a unit, as they are not IC's. Thus the newly formed unit cannot join a unit, although that doesn't stop other IC's from joining that unit. Not to mention I don't believe wolves can get into a transport can they?
    But, if the wolves count as wargear, then do they really need to be allowed to join units as ICs do, or is it just assumed they do whatever the character does, on the basis that they are actually just wargear?

    Confusing, but that's how I'd typically play it.

  11. #10
    NCIS fan MaleOpener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    But, if the wolves count as wargear, then do they really need to be allowed to join units as ICs do, or is it just assumed they do whatever the character does, on the basis that they are actually just wargear?

    Confusing, but that's how I'd typically play it.

    If the wolves take up two spots, in a transport, I can't see why the IC couldn't join a pack.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts