Special weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Special weapons

I'm starting a new IG army and i need several plasma guns and meltas for my vets and ccs. The problem is that you have only two very expensive ways to get plasmas and meltas: 1)buying tons of command squad boxes at 22.50 euro each
    2)buying tons of boxes with only one plasma and one melta metal miniatures at 12.50 euro each.
    So my newbie question is: how do you guys manage to get all those spec weapons for all your shooty needs without having to sell your own home to afford them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by IGmaniac View Post
    I'm starting a new IG army and i need several plasma guns and meltas for my vets and ccs. The problem is that you have only two very expensive ways to get plasmas and meltas: 1)buying tons of command squad boxes at 22.50 euro each
    2)buying tons of boxes with only one plasma and one melta metal miniatures at 12.50 euro each.
    So my newbie question is: how do you guys manage to get all those spec weapons for all your shooty needs without having to sell your own home to afford them?
    E-bay and bits sites
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Also I think you can get them from the GW site in packs of like 10 metal guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonoftheemperor View Post
    Also I think you can get them from the GW site in packs of like 10 metal guns.
    ah yes i've seen those metal weapons and they seem quite cheap too...but aren't they for SM? Do you think it's possible to convert them for IG? Does anyone of you guys ever tried it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have given several Cadians Boltguns from the Space Marine sprues without having to chop/change/shave/bend/putty at all. The hand grips are in pretty much the same posotion for all SM assault/rapid fire weapons, so this shouldn't be a problem at all for you.

My 3rd Platoon of guardsmen will have Meltaguns, and I intend to use the SM melta sprue exactly as discussed. The GW site has them for AU $14 for 5.

Hope this helps.
    Space Wolves: Great Company of Berek Starkiller, 3700 pts.
    Imperial Guard: XII Cytherian Regiment: 1400 pts.
    15 years experience, numerous other models not fielded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info guys! I think i'll give it a try, after all they're so cheap that even if i fail to convert them it isn't such a great loss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

I have converted my plasma guns as I find the space marine plasma guns look far to bulky. I used space marine bolters and a space marine plasma pistols any marine players you know should have tons of these laying around

It's pretty simple really here is where I made the cuts

They need a bit of tidying as I've just made them to show you how it's done and their a bit rushed, but you just glue them together and presto

The top pic is made using a standard space marine plasma pistol and the bottom one using a chaos marine pistol

Hope this helps
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by IGmaniac View Post
    ah yes i've seen those metal weapons and they seem quite cheap too...but aren't they for SM? Do you think it's possible to convert them for IG? Does anyone of you guys ever tried it?
    I use these and the work pretty well. They are a bit bulky and you have to do some surgery on the arms, but they are a great deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

you can get them for 50 cents a piece or less on ebay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done my own conversions using green stuff and wires for plasmaguns and flamers and some extra plastic/knife for the melta nozzle.
    AKA MindSnap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast