Which inquisitor is best for me? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which inquisitor is best for me?

I am having a hard time deciding to run either:

1.a demon hunter inquisitor with terminator armor, a incinerator, and holocaust for anti horde duty

2.a witch hunter inquisitor lord with a small retinue a psychic hood and the psychic power that lets you target enemy independent caracters and roll off and add leadership.

I am planing to attach either to my 1750 marines list to bring it up to 2000.
    help please

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

What is the rest of your list based on? Is it heavily anti-tank, cc, anti-horde, shooty? What do your main opponents use?

Without knowing the rest of those factors, I'd say the DH one, just because hordes are more dangerous and common than any non-MC independent characters (and you can target MCs anyways). Plus with the new IG codex out and the horde-based Tyranid codex coming, you might find a lot more manpower-intensive armies to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My list is
    1 10 man tac squad in rhino with metla, multi melta and power fist
    1 10 man tac squad in rhino with metla, las cannon and power fist
    1 10 man tac squad in rhino with flamer, heavy bolter
    1 10 man assult squad with 2 plasma pistols, lightning claw, and melta bombs
    1 5 man scout squad with snipers and camo cloaks
    1 5 man scout squad with pistols and knifes with a power weapon
    1 preadator with auto cannon and las cannon sponsons
    3 bikes with 1 melta and 1 flamer and melta bombs
    1 attack bike with multi melta
    shirke
    chaplin with jump pack

Taking the witch hunter inquisistor lord would also let me take a eversor. Is he worth the points?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

You can take any assassin with any Inquisitor, DH or WH. Seems your list is very shooty, and I'm assuming you're putting both Shrike and the chaplain together with the assault squad.

If you go with your Inquisitor, make it the WH one and his retinue. Otherwise you can't put the DH with any of your tac-squads (no room in Rhinos, and they can't take Term armour either), and the upgrades you've given him would make him a close-range shooter.

Also, since you have a shooty army, make sure your Inquisitor takes the Emperor's Tarot. That will give you help in going first, so you can get off the first shot.

Eversor is a killing machine, but he's also going to be a big target. And since you have to set up 18 inches from anyone when you infiltrate, you'd have to be very lucky with run rolls to get into assault without him being gunned down first. I'd take a Vindicare, fits in with your shooting scheme, and he'll be more survivable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came up with this also

Take out the chaplin and add

Witch hunter inquisitor lord: brazer of holy fire,power weapon, psychic hood, some kind of invulnerable, a psychic power or 2
    3 guard vets with flamers
    3 acolytes with brazer of holy fire
    2 chingons/medics
    1 familar

in a rhino or chimera with heavy flamer

and also add in a vindicare or eversor

7 flamers to burn the heretic with.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

Sounds good, but don't forget the Emperor's Tarot wargear, it will seriously help to get off the first round of shooting. You may not get the last-second objective grab/contest, but you will inflict more damage.

And Vindicare is the way to go still, since assassins can't ride in vehicles, so the Eversor will still be a sponge for fire. Unless you use him to sneak someone else in close.

And remember that you'll only get one round of flamer action from more than half of your flamers, so maybe add a couple crusader acolytes to the retinue (he is a lord, so you can take more than six) for a follow-up assault/defence. And the Scourging psychic power would be most useful.

By the way, just for curiosity's sake, what type of army are you going to face a lot, do you know?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I wouldn't take any of those builds.

I'd go with a Malleus I-lord with a psychic hood, a multi-melta servitor, two mystics, and a Chimera. Then you can also ally in either a Callidus or Eversor assassin, too.

The Malleus Inquisitor gives you deep-strike and psyker defense in an armoured firebase bunker. Keep it near whatever you want to keep most protected and you're good to go.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what i need from my inquisitor is anti horde or anti psyker.
    You can't have a elite slot inquisitor and and a assassin, you can only take one allied elite slot.
    I face alot of everything but not that many tanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

For anti-horde and anti-psyker, go with your WH flamer build and take the Hammer of the Witches and Purgatus powers. That -3 leadership for psykers will really hurt.

Then I'd suggest getting a Culexus and an Eversor, then just swap them in when you face psyker-heavy or horde-heavy, respectively. Horde armies like Orks or Tyranids wouldn't have the BS or strong weapons in their mobs, so the Eversor should be safe then. And the Culexus can be murder on psyker-heavy armies like Thousand Sons, if played correctly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    For anti-horde and anti-psyker, go with your WH flamer build and take the Hammer of the Witches and Purgatus powers. That -3 leadership for psykers will really hurt.

Then I'd suggest getting a Culexus and an Eversor, then just swap them in when you face psyker-heavy or horde-heavy, respectively. Horde armies like Orks or Tyranids wouldn't have the BS or strong weapons in their mobs, so the Eversor should be safe then. And the Culexus can be murder on psyker-heavy armies like Thousand Sons, if played correctly.
    Honestly, I would just take a DH Inq lord with incinerator/holocaust with 3 ver gaurdsmen w/flamers and put them in a rhino/chimera for anti horde then also take a culexus assassin for anti psyker. The Culexus is just nasty when it comes to psykers and as nice as purgitus is, the culexes does it just by being near them and will then proceed to kill them. He's not to shabby at killing non-psykers too.

Just remember, you need an Inq Lord to ally an assassin because you only get ONE elite choice, and you can NEVER have 2 assassins even if you could take two elites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast