Librarium Online Forums banner

Weapons for a GM

526 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Frank Fugger 
#1 ·
Can a GM take his NFW and a daemon Hammer?

Would it have to replace his storm Bolter?

What are the pros and cons to doing this?

#2 ·
Yes he can.
Yes he would have to replace his Storm Bolter.
Pro: you get to pick which weapons strikes each turn.
Con's: waste of his BS 5 and you don't get an additional attack because of 2 complex weapons (though not sure if termi's can get any non complex weapons for the extra attack with 5th).

#4 ·
That's indeed an idea, depends on what you play. With the old rules I played Deamon hammer & NFW vs chaos and deamons, worked like a charm. But with the new, I don't know you don't get the extra attack anymore. And with the GM being fine as he is, I'd rather take a psycannon for more long range shooting... think that would do it, maybe mc or holy relic...

Though if I'm not mistaken there's a lot of topics on how to tool gm's...

#5 ·
Instead of a chainfist, I'd go with Hammerhand. Cheaper, and effective enough if you want to attack armour.

I don't see any utility in giving the GM any other kind of melee weapon. He should only be fighting stuff that his NFW is good against. Hammerhand is your cheap backup Just In Case.

Hammerhand also lets you keep your stormbolter (or psycannon, if you're splurging).

#6 ·
I agree with No.6 to some extent; the difference being a Chainfist will help you tackle AV13-14 (Soul Grinders, Land Raiders, etc etc) whereas Hammerhand just won't. It's still not as good as a Meltagun but it's better than nowt. Then again, if you never face AV13-14 then Hammerhand is more than sufficient as it will smash up rear AV10-12 nicely and allows you to punch dangerous Walkers like Defilers and Dreadnoughts in the face in Initiative order.

All depends who your regular opponents are and what they're using.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.