How to defeat Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to defeat Orks

I have space Marines and my main strategy is close combat with a little support from tanks, terminators, and one or two dreadnoughts. How would i defeat Orks because they are really good at close combat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Orks will fold if you charge them, they lose out on S4 and an attack.

Flamers, templates, and vehicles tend to roll over them.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Pump as many shots into them as possible. Orks die easy to bullets. Anything with a template is very good as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

It's simple. You can't defeat Orkses.

Oh fine.. you can /sometimes/.. but not often

You have a few things that really work in your favor -
    And They Shall Know No Fear: If you "suffer" the misfortune of losing enough casualties due to shooting.. by all means, fall back and regroup outside of assault range! Turn around next turn and pop off a few pistols and charge 'em to hell.

Flamers and Heavy Bolters- They're free, and they're hella effective! Flamers will drop Orks by the dozen, even the cunnin' ones that seek cover; while Heavy Bolters will shred them apart from a distance, and can even effectively threaten the majority of their armour.

Templates- Orks tend to take to the field in high numbers. Ideal when you want to drop that pie plate or toss about a few frag missiles (not very effective, those, from my experience).

The main trick is knowing when it's best to double-tap, and when it's best to assault. It might seem counter intuitive, but only rapid fire when the mob is under 15 models. You're likely to cause it to break and flee, or at the very least reduce their numbers enough that after your I4 attacks, they'll be useless. Otherwise, if the mob is above half strength (15-20 models) charging would be more favorable, as you're less likely to break them by rapid firing, and you're denying a lot of attacks by doing so. Above 20 models.. You should be moving back a bit and using your other ranged support to soften them up some more.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

There was a topic of the week on this a bit ago;

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1560042

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a cc based blood angel army and i did have problems at first, the trick is the tanks you choose. If you get alot of shots from your dreads and tanks you can cut down thier numbers and fisish them off with an assault. Landraider Crusaders are killing machines when it comes to orks and other hordes. Another good vihicle is the Landspeeder Tornado with heavy bolters or an assault cannon, a squad of three will cost you 180-270 points and give you 18 heavy bolter shots or 9 heavy bolters plus 12 assault cannon shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Genreally massed fire is a strong start. A couple autocannons or missiles will bust up just about any vehicle they can field, though you. Though a bit of melta might not hurt if you need to make them die right away. Forcing them

For hordes, a whirlwind could really bring the pain, orks rely heavily on cover when not ridding around in their vehicles (and even in them really) so those large blast, ordinance, cover-ignoring shots will really hurt them. Also, hitting their vehicles with the whirlwind could take away that kustom force field bonus that many ork players use to keep their mech lists safe, and with the ordanance reroll, you might just be able to down a trukk (this isn't really a GREAT tactic, but it could work). Generally speaking, flamers are a good idea as well.

I feel ==ME== makes a strong point here with charging THEM. Orks get a hideous number of bonuses on the charge, and if you can negate that, you are able to steal a good amount of thunder from them. I'd imagine an assault squad w/ flamer could really bring the pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play orks and i have found that the one thing which really kills orks is mechanised lists. With lots of transports i found that i would have to charge a rhino which would the blow up killing my own with explosions and the the squad inside shooting me. I attack them and normaly kill them. Next turn i charge another rhino. it happens again..... This also slows the orks with getting them to charge all the transports, whethering there number down. Also sternguard in razourbacks work very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take two of these and a few rhinos full of marines and you should do quite well. Whirlwinds are also a good tactic, ecpecily for grots sitting on objectives.... 2's to kill with large template in cover will destory them leaving other ork units to shuffle round to capture it. (also good for a kill point.)
    Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

+ Reply to Thread