How do you Make a Good Hybrid (Infantry/Mech) List? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you Make a Good Hybrid (Infantry/Mech) List?

Well, I was thinking about making a hybrid kind of Guard list since my Mech force was getting a little boring. I was wondering if there were any general rules/guidelines that I could follow when trying to create a semi-competitive hybrid list?

Thanks!

On Warseer: Iracundus: "So you might end up with "renegade" Chapters, but more split due to ideology rather than because the big bogeyman of Chaos suddenly makes them all cackling mustache twirling villains."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a pretty decent hybrid list for a while, but I still like mech lists better. I typically run 2 infantry platoons with 2 squads in each, and combine them. I slap an autocannon in each squad. That's my anti apc fire. I then run 2 vet squads, along with a sanctioned psyker squad or stormtrooper squad and roll up a flank. It works decently well. I just footslog my platoon command and give them nothing but a vox. I take 1 special weapon squad with flamers, and use the chimera from the platoon command for that. Overall, this is like around 1500 points. Not alot of ap2 or 3 fire, and I usually beat termies with saturation fire and make the enemy footslog to me. Hope this helped a bit.
    Why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

An infantry platoon or two works quite nicely in a hybrid force. They can lock up your home objectives and protect your long range tanks (artillery typically) for fairly cheap.

Something like this perhaps.

CCS-flag, camo, vox
    2x PCS-3 flamers, Chimera
    2x infantry-lascannon, vox
    2x infantry-lascannon
    4x HWS-autocannons
    3x Vets-3 meltas, Chimera
    2x Devil Dog
    2x Medusa
    Manticore

1995 points.

2 lascannon batteries get twin-linked from the CCS, they and the HWS provide your main long range firepower. Vets and DDs provide your mobility, nabbing objectives, BBQ-ing entrenched enemies, or whatever. The Medusas hide behind the Chimeras and they plus the Manticore dish out up to 5 S10 pie plates.

All it's missing in an Inquisitor w/ mystics and a tarot, since getting 1st is pretty handy here. Dropping a HWS wouldn't kill you, maybe another if you want commissars.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You need a hold back portion to hold your objectives and draw people in, Platoons are best for this. Grab at least 5 squads so you look a little intimidating.

Your more important part is the mech, the mech wins games. You need to play defensively for the first few turns, than explode and punish people for having to come to you. Veterans, PCS, CCS, Russes etc. are all good at this when mounted.

Other IG and Tau probably won't come to you, so you need enough mech to get to them. The hold back still helps because usually mech has no covering fire when it's advancing other than Russes. It's very nice to inflict some damage before you get where you need to be.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread