Leman Russ Squads Rubbish? No, YOU ARE! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Leman Russ Squads Rubbish? No, YOU ARE!

Tonight I played my usual Friday night tournament-style game and against the wishes of everyone around, I rolled three Russes (just straight-up battle cannons, hull lascannons and heavy bolter sponsons) in a squad just to see what the downside was. The answer was THERE WASN'T ONE! In addition, I also had three Basilisks in an ordnance battery chilling on the edge of my original deployment zone. One bad scatter from one of these bad boys was the only thing that even came close to harming the Russ squad. They charged toward the Traitor IG with panache and style, and dispensed some punishment fit only for ungrateful and selfish subjects of the Emperor. They destroyed every enemy vehicle, and anything that wasn't powered by heretic zeal and it's own two feet. During the last turn, with the traitor IG army in shambles, offering only small pockets of resistance, these brave three Russes parked deep in the enemy deployment zone.

Now I wil admit (only because I feel like it) that I was very lucky, my dice were on thier game tonight. But I want it to be noted that it CAN be done, and it probably SHOULD. So stop being unfair to the Leamn Russ Squadron, LO. Tanks need love too.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Congrats.

But one game doesn't prove or disprove anything. When you've played 10+ games with this same list against all the major races/builds you can let me know what you think of squadroned Russes then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Golf clap
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'm pretty sure the guy I ruined a few weeks ago by shooting multiple Lascannons into the back armor of his squadded Russes and Basilisks would have a cautionary tale for you. Just because something worked once, doesn't mean it will forever and doesn't make it grand.

Hey let me go test an all Penal Legion army, it's bound to work once!
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

i agree with everyone else. plus just because you beat someone it doesn't mean you list is good. it just means that he can beat the opponent and list of that level of skill. the skill of an opponent varies so it can be hard to justify if you list is good or not. which is this case really isn't, you just won because your opponent sounded like he had a lack of anti-tank weapons.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Yes, yes, let me feel the hate.

I wasn't saying the list was good. I was just patting those tank commanders on the back for a job well done, and wanted to share it with ya'll.

You can take me down off of the cross now.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You put yourself up there, get down on your own. ;]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

lol, you need to be more mature or careful with your words when you post things like that.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

OK, OK, let's all just calm down...lets all be nice...I can run a Leman Russ squad and you can't, and that's OK...we are all Guardsmen, are we not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

If you post something stupid, be prepared to get called on it

Squadroning isn't automatically terrible, but you have to swallow a whole bunch of disadvantages just to squeeze one more tank in.

I'd squadron Hydras or Griffons since they're cheap and don't worry much about overkill, DDs too because of scatter, but pretty much everything else works best solo.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast