Librarium Online Forums banner

Vendettas, how?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  stayscrunchyinmilk 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've recently started thinking about the Vendettas I will have in my force, and realised that I don't have anything planned for how I shall convert them. There's nothing in the box to help you make it except the Nose mounted Lascannon, so there's two missing, twin linked ones, to boot!

So, I merely ask this: How do you guys convert your Vendettas?
Or do you simply just order the conversion kit from FW?

Cheers.

#2 · (Edited)
There is a Forge World conversion pack for the Vendetta. Forge World IMPERIAL NAVY It's expensive (You'd be paying £45 for a Vendetta then) but hey, if you want a nasty Vendetta list you should have to pay for it in my opinion ;)

Failing that you can always just make up some Twin Lascannons with Left over Heavy weapons from your HW teams. Making some mounts for them out of Plasti-Card shouldn't be too hard. I asume the FW ones are based off the Razorback turret with the Central spine bit upside down so it can attach to the wing.

#5 ·
You can check my Album for how I converted mine, basically SM vehicle Lascannons and PVC pipe, looks like an X Wing a little but I like it. :]

#7 ·
I got my Lascannons really cheap actually and from people in my area. It pays to ask what people have to trade/sell. :]

#8 ·
For one of my Vendettas, I made lascannons from Predator bits. As my SM predators are glued with sponson LC and AC turret, so I managed to do pretty nice twin-linked LC from LC turret and HB sponsons, though it takes full set to make one twin-linked lascannon. I had 3 sets from 3 tanks in my posession, so the last turret gave me two LCs to make central Valkyrie lascannon twin-linked.

I can post some pictures if you are interested.

#10 ·
Sorry for the late reply, had no chance to post it on the weekend :(

Well, this is all quite simple: for one side twin-linked lascannon I used 2 sponson heavy bolters and 1 turret lascannon from Predator box. They look like this:

Full size

Full size

I had the lascannon cut from the turret, and cut the bolters in the way there were only sponson plates left from it, something like this:

Then shaped lascannon to fit the line, made a little cutting so that two sponsons could fit together, and in the end got, I think, quite a nice result:

Full size
Full size

I used the same lascannons to make the hull one twin-linked - simply cut off the holder and glued LC in its place:

Full size

Omg, my English is awful today :( But I have an excuse - it's Monday morning...

Hope this helped. Of cause, sponson lascannons would have been easier to use, but they are useful on Predator itself. What I was doing was using up the spare bits.

Reactions: stayscrunchyinmilk
#13 ·
Helga, rep for you for that, that's very good
I saw a very, very good conversion made from the spare lascannons (valk x2 on the nose, you can pick them up from ebay @99p) and pred sponsoons.
I also saw an exellent "chin mounted" turrett made from the pred T/L lascannon.
However, for me, I got forgeworld packs in the end, as i wanted multiples, and it just made it easier and universal (to add a 4th / 5th i just need to get the money, not 5x assorted bits.)
For power packs you could add the sentinal lascannon power pack spares, most IG players have spares anyway (or they're easy to scrounge off ig players. heck i have 2 i was going to stick on scenery but if one of my group wanted them i'm not even that attached to them if it was for a decent project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.