Lucius pattern Drop Pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Lucius pattern Drop Pods

Last night I played a game against SW + BA. The BA player dropped his Furisio next to a crisis suit squad and and fire warrior squad. He then pointed out that since he had a Lucius pattern drop pod (which I had never heard of), it allowed him to assault out of his pod. He killed the 5 or 6 crisis suits, and caused the fire warrior squad to flee off the table edge in our next movement. Bye bye 2 KPs.

Is this legal? It only costs 15 points more to give your dreads the ability to assault of the pod....a bargain in my opinion. Saves them getting to shot to death.

The Lucius pattern can be found on page 8 of the link below.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/IA2Update28Aug.pdf

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Generally the rules for FW stuff is that you check its Ok with your opponent beforehand. You SHOULD have the actual models for it and you SHOULD have the rules on hand. If not then it's pretty unsporting as the FW rules are not widely known or considered.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya it's legal. It's one of the rare examples of a Forgeworld unit being incredibly good for it's cost. Most FW units have like a 10-20% markup in points. Consensus around L.O. is that they won't let the GW Pods count as Lucius Pattern, only the much more expensive FW Dread Pod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

It's legal, if you have your opponents permission in fun games.

Most Tourney's that I know IA rules are not applicable.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Well, these guys did also proxy a SW assault squad, moved standard first turn then the next did the full move and assaulted a different crisis suit squad, killing all of them. When we asked how that squad could move so far, the SW player claimed he had told my Tau ally that he had told him at the start he was proxying them.

The thing is, what can I say? You guys suck, proceed to pack up my stuff and leave? I was pretty pissed off, but the second you call someone out for "cheating" you create bad vibes within your group, make enemies and ruin the night. The alternative? Sit there and take it, which is not in my personality to do. I had a proper rage to my mate after that game (WHICH WE WON). Don't get me wrong, these guys are really nice...they just seemed to bend the rules with a disregard for sportsmanship.

edit: only AE had replied when I was writing this. Its a fun game, but they didn't ask permission / inform us of anything. Just gave us a few surprises. Which killed a lot of stuff.
    Last edited by Draake; November 19th, 2009 at 03:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Draake View Post
    edit: only AE had replied when I was writing this. Its a fun game, but they didn't ask permission / inform us of anything. Just gave us a few surprises. Which killed a lot of stuff.
    I had a chap with a 'nid army do this to me in my 2nd ever game of 40k. I told him I was a noob and could he please use a balanced, moderate list so not to completely annihilate me. The guy use a FW apocalypse creature and some other crazy stuff without codex, FW rules or even an army list! I know how unpleasant all this can be. That's why when I play I ALWAYS make sure I name everything as I put it down (even if it's wysiwyg) and always ask opponents if they'd mind doing the same. Most won't mind and it avoids this sort of horrible evening where one small thing like that can ruin the battle. I do very much feel your pain though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    I had a chap with a 'nid army do this to me in my 2nd ever game of 40k. I told him I was a noob and could he please use a balanced, moderate list so not to completely annihilate me. The guy use a FW apocalypse creature and some other crazy stuff without codex, FW rules or even an army list!.
    Probably so his W/D/L signature would look better, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

321 (x8)

Lol, yeah. He the only GW staff member I've come across that I've found unhelpful and have found an immediate dislike for his attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

He was a GW staff member?! I don't know what to say about that, seems kind of wrong seeing he is a representative of GW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

321 (x8)

He only became a staff member after this, but still has the same sort of attitiude.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast