Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
i have BA army but im looking to start a codex one. i decided on the imperial fists i like their fluff the most. i was wondering if anyone could tell me what GW yellow they are so i can get started. thankls
A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...
A nice tutorial but it involves 5-10 coatr to get a decent finish. My method is much quicker but wont get you quite to that standard.
- Undercoat white with GW spray can. Better to give 2 thinner undercoats than one thick one. Once dry check over each figure and touch up any areas where the spray diddn't reach using skull white.
- I then airbrush on 2 thin coats of GW golden yellow. You can do this with a brush but an airbrush (even the GW spraygun) will give a nice finish.
- You can apply a wash of gryphon sepia then touch up the flat pannels with golden yellow again or you can use a pinwash of snakebite leather. Mix in some acrylic flow enhancer or drying retarder and a little water then use a fine brush to apply it to all the armour joints. This method leaves less touching up needed on the flat areas of the armour.
- Hilight armour edges with sunburst yellow
- Add a few extreme hilights of yellow mixed with white.
- You can then black out all other buts and paint them normally.
Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.
Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1