Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Thinking about starting a mech list, so I've got two questions which need answers.
1. Is it viable to give a vehicle-mounted squad a heavy weapon team?
2. I want to use Valkyrie assault carriers, so what type of squads should they carry? I'm leaning towards an anti-troop unit, as my normal opponents either troop-spam or have troops with high saves.
Thanks in advance
1. I would say no, as it won't get all that many shots off in a game if at all. If sat in a chimera it should be moving at least 6" every turn.
2. If using a valkyrie I would say some thing that can dent heavier troops/tanks because the valk is primarily anti-hoard. Also always take missile pods. 2 defensive pies aren't to be sniffed at...
Hope that helps
1) An autocannon is cheap and gives you the option, so go for it if you have the points to spare. I wouldn't always use it, but having the option is useful.
2) For a Valk, I like giving versatile or tank busty units to complement the missile pods. Demolition Vets with meltas can scout up and alpha strike a tank or two turn 1 with melta bombs, or Sisters can provide durable meltas and bolters at midfield.
Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com
It's viable if you intend to use the Chimera as a firing platfom. Have an infantry squad fire their heavy weapon while the Chimera uses a multilaser and heavy bolter. In the early game, the unit puts out plenty of firepower to break Rhinos, Landspeeders and other light/medium vehicles. In the late game, the squad can load up and redeploy to an objective.1. Is it viable to give a vehicle-mounted squad a heavy weapon team?
"My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard