Repair - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Repair

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Repair

I've recently read a DH clarification and it said that the 2004 printing of the codex gave our Rhinos the Repair rule, and checked a few website saying they had it, but can find no proof through my book or the FAQ.

I thought I had the latest printing. What am I missing?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

This is something I've been looking for too. It's in Imperial Armour 2 rules for both the inquisition rhino and the sisters of battle rhino, but I don't know if that helps. You can argue that as rhinos are built from STC's they're all the same, but there's also that rule of thumb that says when a conflict exists between a rule and a codex, obey the codex.

In friendly games, discus it with your opponent. In tournament play, ask an official. If we ever do get a new dex, hopefully it will resolve little quirks like this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

I dont know which print of the WH codex I have, but the entry for the Rhino Repair rule is on pg 33.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbala View Post
    I dont know which print of the WH codex I have, but the entry for the Rhino Repair rule is on pg 33.
    Very interesting

I have a C 2003 copy (check the back cover) and it's not on my Rhino list. Do me a favor and check what it says about dedicated transports. The bit in the FAQ about the new dedicated Transports rules is under "Errata & Second Printing Clarifications"

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...th_Edition.pdf

If your codex has the transport rules in FAQ then that's the second printing, which means GW screwed up by not adding it in the FAQ >.<

If this is the case, the legally we get Repair due to 2004 being the latest version.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

Well i checked mine, and it is copywrite 2003 also. I dont see anywhere an edition number.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbala View Post
    Well i checked mine, and it is copywrite 2003 also. I dont see anywhere an edition number.
    Yea, a local hobby store has a copy that's the new printing which is 2003, so I don't know what GW was thinking.

Anyway I can 100% confirm that in that printing Repair is there and that it makes no reference to Dedicated transports disallowing other units form using it (more of a reference for the FAQ).

So, this leads to the question: Do you get repair if it's not in your book, even though it's in the latest printing despite the fact that it's NOT in the FAQ? I would assume so, but how would you prove it to a naysayer without a new printing? You can't even buy it from GW anymore, and any copy you buy online is no guarantee that repair will be in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Did they ever resolve the Firing Point difference? The SM Rhino has two but the Sisters Rhino only has one. I think the contractor supplying the Ecclesiarchy is ripping the Emperor off.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Nope, they didn't fix that. I recently got a newer copy of the dex specifically so it would have the repair rule for the rhino and machine spirit for the landraider, but I just checked it and it still has the gaff about firing points. Jeeze, how do people get jobs as editors for GW? Second printing and they still couldn't fix it all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by IofRaw View Post
    Nope, they didn't fix that. I recently got a newer copy of the dex specifically so it would have the repair rule for the rhino and machine spirit for the landraider, but I just checked it and it still has the gaff about firing points. Jeeze, how do people get jobs as editors for GW? Second printing and they still couldn't fix it all.
    Check the dates, they were printed in the same year (2003 IIRC) which means the 2 fireing point rhino was unheard of. What concerns me is that they completely MISSED repair in the FAQ, yet included the dedicated transport and machine spirit rules. Also, we got jipped out of machine spirit. Take a close look at it =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

This is the only printed version of the machine spirit rule that I have access to right now- I'm not sure how it works with other armies, but I'm assuming our version is less effective?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast