Converting CSM to SM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting CSM to SM

Hey guys Reading the forum for some time now but this is my first post if im not mistaken so sorry if i'm posting on wrong sub forums

On topic now... I recieved the Renegade Strike Force pack last year as a Bday present, and i only has gone as far as glueing the terminator squad and some normal models. No paint has been used on them...

Today i went to my local GW and bought the AOBR kit until i have my RSF shipped over from home. I want a long range army based on CSM or Dark Angels. Now the reason i am asking here is that i'd rather go with the DA route if possible. This is partly to the fact that as i've learned SMs are more inclined towards range than CSM and a shooty army is a must for me

So my question is: can you use CSM models or at least some of them in a DA army, the reasoning being a bit corrupt (as it fits with DA being betrayed by half the legion). I'm not looking to get any special rules out of the CSM models. Its just to use the "look" and to not waste that pack and create one army as i am a beginner.

I talked to a guy at the GW and said he could help me convert the AOBR SM into CSM if i wanted a CSM army but he wasn't quite clear if it is ALLOWED to use CSM models in a SM army (using normal CS/DA rules). Obviously i can't use the defiler or any chaos marks on the weaponry.

Please give me some advice on the course to follow As i said i'm looking for a Shooting army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Space Marine is a Space Marine.

if you clearly state before the game starts that the marines that look like chaos marines are loyalists, and the weapons are correct. I do not forsee an issue.

You should remove chaos icons, and avoid stuff like mutations and just say they have old armour.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Just as long as you are clear with what your army is, there should be no problem. (i.e. this squad with spikes is a tac squad etc...) One guy on a blog that I read has converted chaos marines with goat heads and such. He calls them Space Goats and he plays them as a Space Wolves.
    What I end up doing before a game with new opponents is running though my list. This is my Wolf Scout Squad with a Wolf Guard Leader. If they never have played against Space Wolves, I'll run them over some of the quick rules for the army and special units. Works out pretty well and makes for a better game I think.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

+ Reply to Thread