Grey Knights and Transports - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Grey Knights and Transports

As presented in a thread from a few weeks (months?) ago, I know that Grey Knights may make use of the Chimera transports that you can buy along with inducted platoons of Imperial Guard. I was curious, though, what the limit on this was:

Does this apply to inducted Space Marines? If you were to ally the Grey Knights to Space Marines or Imperial Guard, would you be able to use the transports with the Grey Knights? I'm not entirely positive if there is prohibitive wording involved in the codex, as I don't have one anymore, but I am very curious about this.

Basically what I want to know - if I field a Space Marines or Imperial Guard army and I ally Grey Knights, can the Grey Knights use any transports that I want them to? (Rhinos, Razorbacks, Chimeras, etc.)

Cheers for any insight!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Don't have the Space Marine codex on me, but I believe they use the same dedicated transport rules as the IG, so sure?

I know Chimeras and Valkyries/Vendettas are fair game for PAGK, I'm pretty sure rhinos/razorbacks/Landraiders from the SM list are fair game as well. But like I said, no codex in front of me at the moment.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Don't have the Space Marine codex on me, but I believe they use the same dedicated transport rules as the IG, so sure?

I know Chimeras and Valkyries/Vendettas are fair game for PAGK, I'm pretty sure rhinos/razorbacks/Landraiders from the SM list are fair game as well. But like I said, no codex in front of me at the moment.
    The rules are the same; I just couldn't remember if there was prohibitive language in the DH codex for the Grey Knights as I know they can't take the Rhinos/Chimeras from the IST. At least, that's what I read in the previous discussion I mentioned in my first post.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Nope the restriction using the transports in the DH codex come from the wording in the old rules they have for dedicated transports where only the unit that took said transport can ride in it.

+ Reply to Thread