Shrike + Librarian + Assault Squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Shrike + Librarian + Assault Squad

Or, for that matter, Shrike + Chaplain + Assault Squad. If I were to deploy this assault squad with both Shrike and another Independent Character in it, would the that Independent Character be able to Infiltrate with them?

p.92, "See, But Remain Unseen":
    "Shrike (and models in his squad) benefit from the Infiltrate special rule"

Is this rule applied to any other independent characters in that squad? It would seem that any such characters would indeed be "a model" in "his squad".

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

i wld say no as the other guy is an INDEPENDENT character why don't you ask your opponent aat the begining of each battle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

They're all part of the same squad, so go for it.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

This debate has been brought up several times since the 5th edition codex release. Both sides can, technically, pull out some form of argument for whether it's allowed or not. I personally support the fact that they are in the same squad, and since the squad doesn't have Infiltrate until Shrike gives it to them, the argument of the Chaplain/Librarian's presence removing the Infiltrate rule is a moot point, since he's a part of the squad that the ability is given to.

I feel like there is much more 'for' the case than against it, but you'll always have the occasional few who will find it unfair, and thus, try to rules debate it to the death. Give the 40k Rules Help and this forum some searches for the debates on it, they are still around (I even linked one of them to another thread a couple months ago).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    Or, for that matter, Shrike + Chaplain + Assault Squad. If I were to deploy this assault squad with both Shrike and another Independent Character in it, would the that Independent Character be able to Infiltrate with them?

p.92, "See, But Remain Unseen":
    "Shrike (and models in his squad) benefit from the Infiltrate special rule"

Is this rule applied to any other independent characters in that squad? It would seem that any such characters would indeed be "a model" in "his squad".
    I see why but no Because it says with the squad he joins and an independent character dosent count as an upgrade he is just joining the squad at that time hes independent so he dosent benfit at the moment running Shrike with chaplin is a great idea re-roll all to hits when charging. i would say take chaplin even though you cannont infiltrate because of re-rolls and hes another guy to take invunerables on instead of shrike .

Edit: Most people wont notice if you infiltrate unless your at a tournment then there might be some discussion but most of the times when an independent character joins a squad with another independent character the other character can't benifit from there special squad rule I.E. if you run with chaplin only squad members will be able to re-roll not shrike.
    Last edited by SergeantTelion; January 20th, 2010 at 03:01.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DHNEWBIE View Post
    Edit: Most people wont notice if you infiltrate unless your at a tournment then there might be some discussion but most of the times when an independent character joins a squad with another independent character the other character can't benifit from there special squad rule I.E. if you run with chaplin only squad members will be able to re-roll not shrike.
    Please quote references to the rulebook where you get your information; believe me, this topic has been more than thoroughly covered in several other threads, and the consensus if that it can swing both ways, even though the FOR side has a slightly stronger case. Best thing to do is wait for a FAQ, wait for an update, and until then, discuss with your opponents/tournament organisers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day its really gonna be up to who you are playing with. Id allow it no problem but some1 might argue with you. And I thought if a chaplain joins a squad the whole sqaud including indp charcters benefit from the rerolls. I see nothing in the rule book forbidding it but I might not beloooking hard enuff so let me know thanks
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and if the oppenet really cares that much is it really worth playing with someone who will argue against infiltration of a chaplin with shrike?

Yes thats why im wondering why GW dosent word there stuff better the chaplins page for his group buff says " A chaplin and all the members of any squad he has joined can re-roll failed to hit." while shrikes says "Shrike(and models in his squad) benefit from the infiltration special rule." this makes me wonder that if the all in the chaplins means independent characters that join the squad while shrikes does not say that, thats what sways me.
    Last edited by SergeantTelion; January 21st, 2010 at 01:54.
    Space marines 6 dread army Wins: 4 ties:2 Loses:7 Modified Standard nilla marines Wins:37 Ties:8 Loses 42 Daemonhunters Wins:3 Ties:0 Loses:1 Full assualt concept army wins: 6 Ties: none Loses: 2

+ Reply to Thread