Unofficial Variants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

32 (x2)

Unofficial Variants

Following on from the newly announced Elysian vehicle I wondered who used unofficial variants of vehicles (and troop types) in their games?

I am assuming non-tournament official games obviously!

If you do - what do you use or have you thought up?

Do you use other than GW models and counts as or have you converted GW stuff?

(Pictures would be nice!)

I include couple of mine plus some new ones I'm working on.

Valkyrie GA (Ground Attack)

Autocannon, Missile pods, Heavy Bolters and a Laud Hailer

(cue Apocalypse Now!!)

Chimera ER (Extended Range)

Uses the Hellhound Fuel Drums so loses the hatch and 6 x lasguns, but gains +1 point of armour to the sides - a favourite of recon elements and armoured battlegroups

Rhino SPATGM

Mounts 2 x HK launchers so count as twin-linked - loses transport capability but carries enough missiles to last 4 turns

Rhino ACAV

Mounts Autocannon and two pintle stubbers with extra armour o counts +1 point of armour to front, but also ounts as open-topped, can transport up to 6 figures

(I posted this beforeI think a long time ago!)

Picture 018.jpgPicture 021.jpgPicture 020.jpgPicture 019.jpg

Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

2. Remove Advertisements

5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

If you want more options useing GW rules check out the Forgeworld website, and have a look at their downloads section. There are rules for an armoured company, which inlcudes loads of tanks that aren't in the codex.

Some of your ideas look good. I would like to see invent some rules invented sometime for armoured cars, or other APC's. I'm working on an armoured car at the moment, and was planning to use chimera rules. Some jeeps would also be nice to see. They are used a lot in the military today, and I'd love to see some jeeps and trucks for the guard.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread