Shreddershard Beetles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Shreddershard Beetles

the new weapon in the tyranids codex, Template Strength 3 AP - assault 1, Rending : (

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    the new weapon in the tyranids codex, Template Strength 3 AP - assault 1, Rending : (
    And?

It's a Hive Tyrant upgrade that costs as much as a power fist, and pretty tame next to all the S6 and 2+ poison AP3 templates around these days.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Rending is nothing to be scared of!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

From my quick glance over the tyranid codex only the tyrannofex can take shreddershard beetles - if that is true then we are left laughing - excorcists will smear them across the battlefield long before they get in range.

Even if the nid player took 3 spirit of the martyr would save you if you fear rending that much, but given it is S3 it is unlikely to kill a squad, though leaving it depleted is a real possibility.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    From my quick glance over the tyranid codex only the tyrannofex can take shreddershard beetles
    The tyrannofex gets them for free and the tyrant can buy them - though they both have to pick it specifically from the three ammo choices and against sisters the S5 AP5 template makes more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

im not really pointing out the weapon as a threat but just as gw copying unique rules of other armies like relic blades and flamers with rending

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gauss_storm View Post
    im not really pointing out the weapon as a threat but just as gw copying unique rules of other armies like relic blades and flamers with rending
    You'll love the Blood Angel exalted then, hit and run jump troops with wrist mounted storm bolters and strength increasing CC weapons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, Sounds like a cross-rip between seraphim/GKs.

Thanks GW for yet again catering to blood brats and leaving GK players feeling that our supposidly superior troops are becoming more and more tame and commonplace.

At first I heard they'd get 1+ to WS,BS & I too. That would make their troops (even if elites) better = me throwing a hissy. Luckily it isn't true.
    Last edited by Oiad; January 27th, 2010 at 20:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    From my quick glance over the tyranid codex only the tyrannofex can take shreddershard beetles - if that is true then we are left laughing - excorcists will smear them across the battlefield long before they get in range.
    Cover is everywhere now... good luck trying to smear them too far.

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Yeah and a tyrannofex is huge, just try and hide something that big. Plus I have actually done it with an excorcist battery.

Samething for trygons and mawlocs, it is really hard for them to claim cover simply because they are so massive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast