model tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: model tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

model tanks

alright,

ive been basing my guard army on the canadian army, because im form canada, and wanting to go all the way decided to use real vehicle to represent my chimera and leman. (for use with my friends and such not for tourneys).

i bought a 1/35 scale LAV-25, to represent the chimera, its bigger then a chimera (about the size of an Ork Trukk) and the hatches are a good size and it fits pretty well.

however the leopard 2 tank to replace the leman in 1/35 scale is around 10 inches long, which in my opinion is too big, but if i went with a 1/48, the same size as a leman (6 1/4 inches lon), i wouldnt look right alongside the LAV.

what do you think is the best way to approach this? use two differnt scale vehicles, use both 1/35 scale and therfore the giant tank, or scrap the LAV and use the smaller Tank?

oh, as a side question has anyone used models of modern vehiclesand if so what scales?

Last edited by tyurtddr; January 27th, 2010 at 23:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how much bigger the LAV is. If it gives a significant advantage due to its increased size (like say, the ability to block more stuff from LOS), then you should probably scrap it in all fairness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Well, you could use the ten inch model to represent a baneblade, as that is iirc about the right size for that.
    "All I know is a door into the dark" -- The Forge, Seamus Heaney

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Well, the Baneblade has too many guns for that. A Shadowsword, on the other hand...
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think im going to go for the 1/48 scale leopard, the lav is considerably taller the a chimera and would definatly block more line of sight, not that the guys i play with really care. i think i might try to fit the LAV's turret onto the chimera to give it a bit more personality.

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Nice idea, If you find a nice way to do CADPAT without a airbrush, please post it. I want to do a digi cammo on my guard. I've tried flecktarn, but it just didn't 'look right'. Maybe use the 25mm bushmaster as a autocannon veriation on the chimera. As long as it looks cool and its 'too' over the top I wouldn't mind in someone used slightly larger models in a themed army. I mean honestly, how sick are you of looking a Cadian 8th armies... =o]
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auto cannon sounds about right, theres two hatches on top i think ill have one clsed and have a guard torso coming out the top and there is also a good spot for the pintle stubber. ill post some pics when its done. i fgure the chimy will end up looking something like a CV90, which canada might be gettin' soon.

as for the cadpat, i gave up long ago trying to do really complicated digital. so i use catachan green as a base, with graveyard earth, chaos black, and goblin green dabbed on with my fine detail brush in very small dots and blotches unitl it is suitably complicated. the armour is dark angels green, it looked the best out of all the colours i trird.And finally the lasguns are catachan green to represent the green furnature on the C7 A2's.

+ Reply to Thread