Scavenger List Idea's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scavenger List Idea's

I've been working on a second army idea something that I can actually build up pretty quick so I can play while I am still building my larger army.

I figured when all is said and done I've got alot of extra parts lying around and could build a scavenger army.
    This is what I've got on hand that I won't be using. I'm also willing to go out to buy some extra kits if anyone has some good idea's.

3 complete sentinel kits
    2 complete chimera kits
    2 Basilisk kits
    1 Leman russ Kit
    unused Bits from about 4 cadian squads
    some greenstuff
    sprues... lots of em.

I don't have many extra base's, but I can just use bottle caps and crappy CD's

The idea is to make the units look like they were scrapped from a junk yard and strapped together. I figure it'll be mostly mechanized.

For instance. I'll be mashing a Sentinel and a Chimera together. The front of the Sentinel will be at the front of the chimera with some green stuff chains holding a turret on top of it. While the back will be like a flatbed truck, with little models falling off.

Painting is alot of work. I hate work. Therefore I hate painting.
    Painting is alot of fun. I enjoy things that are fun. Therefore I enjoy painting.
    I hate Painting. I Enjoy Painting. People that Enjoy things they hate are masochists. Therefore I am a masochist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Sounds like a good idea, Very Orky. Almost Transformer style (not the shitty movie, I'm thinking the scrap planet from the animated film with singing). I'd pick up some Plasticard for armoured plates and for chains, rather than green stuff you can pick up one meter lengths of jewlry chain for about £5.

Promise me you wont use the basilisks as Basilisks though.

If you're short on bases you can always use 2 pence pieces. They're pretty much exactly the same width and when you sand them their the same height. Like so.... http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-now-pics.html If you're not on british coin i'm sure you can find another suitable, cheap alternative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, Very Orky. Almost Transformer style (not the shitty movie, I'm thinking the scrap planet from the animated film with singing). I'd pick up some Plasticard for armoured plates and for chains, rather than green stuff you can pick up one meter lengths of jewlry chain for about £5.

Promise me you wont use the basilisks as Basilisks though.

If you're short on bases you can always use 2 pence pieces. They're pretty much exactly the same width and when you sand them their the same height. Like so.... http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-now-pics.html If you're not on british coin i'm sure you can find another suitable, cheap alternative.
    Err.. isn't that illegal?

As for the army idea, it sounds pretty interesting. Lovely and unique if pulled off well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Check out ebay for Gorkamorka stuff, since it came with so many plastic vehicles in the box they seem to be fairly prolific and cheap. They were all designed for heavy customisation so you can also get neat weapons like spear guns and wrecking balls/claws. I dunno if that's the style you are looking for, but I think the Mad Max vibe they had going on was sweet. They even had cool human scavengers called "diggas" too, so you should find something that fits the style you are after.

@ Borak, beautiful paint job btw

Defacing money is illegal but IMO this is improving it. It also makes plastic models feel really nice and solid.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Who said anything about defacing it? You're just gluing sand/plastic to the metal.

KORONA: Glad you liked them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*face palm* So I was hit by a wonderful bought of food poisoning, and when I wasn't spending my time in the latrine I was in bed dreaming up idea's for my army(ies).
    Now I think I might actually make this army full sized. *sighs* I've got some sketches done on how I want it to look, and you all might be graced with my stupendous (terrible) ability to draw if I can get myself out of bed and to the scanner. (Being bed ridden doesn't mean much for me, considering that my 52" tv is actually my computer screen.)

The leaders are prolly gonna be gas mask/trench coat kinda people. While the rest are prolly gonna be catachans for lack of better idea's right now.
    Prolly lots of flamers, bolt guns heavy bolters. No real tanks. I want to make the actual guardsmen look dirty somehow, but I'm pretty sure my painting ability isn't up to the job.

I looked into the Gorkamorka, and it did give me some idea's, I particularly liked the Motorcycle pulling some sort of tank, and I might actually go ahead and either buy it or model it. I think I might try to find some way to make rough riders on motorcycles. Think anyone would have a problem with that?

Thanks for the Jewlery chain idea. I'll look into it. The American Quarter is about the right size, but far to expensive to use as a base. I think I'll grab some washers from work. The government shall feel my wrath as I acquire 100 washers! *insert evil laugh here*
    Painting is alot of fun. I enjoy things that are fun. Therefore I enjoy painting.
    I hate Painting. I Enjoy Painting. People that Enjoy things they hate are masochists. Therefore I am a masochist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I'm feeling better now. I am about to show you my mad skills of an artist. (Bad Grammar Intended)

I think that pretty much sums it up....... *nods* You may post your Laughter prior to your constructive criticism.

The guy sitting in the seat on the side's name is "PVT. Sponson". He's Crazy.
    Last edited by Commisar Lockout; February 2nd, 2010 at 07:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started work on it... should prolly move the remainder of this thread over to the modeling thread?
    Anyway... The turret really didn't work ontop of the sentinel head, so I spent about an hour trying to find something that did. Came up with this heavy flamer attached to a barrel idea. I like it. Prolly gonna have to find someone that can paint to paint this beast when I'm all done... cause I'll just ruin it. Any Starving Artists out there? I'll Mail it to you, You paint it, I'll send you the postage to mail it back, along with like 50 bucks... thats 50 hamburgers at Mcdonalds. Unless you've got sales tax. Then you should move to Oregon, home of the starving artist and no sales tax.

+ Reply to Thread