Imperial Armour - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you use Forgeworld's Imperial Armour supplements for your WH40k games?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

5 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Armour

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Imperial Armour

I'm just curious to find out how many people use the Imperial Armour updates, which has for example adjusted the price of the Rhino to that of the new SM Codices.

I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    I'm just curious to find out how many people use the Imperial Armour updates, which has for example adjusted the price of the Rhino to that of the new SM Codices.
    When i'm taking repressors.

Overall the IA2 update makes sister more expensive because it bumps up the cost of extra armour without changing the base price of the immolator or exorcist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

On occasion yes.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Hi all! I voted 'No' because I've never bought any Forge World stuff yet. But I want to get some of their Sisters of Battle kits. The Repressor looks really nice! I like the GW Pipe Organ Exorcist best, but now I think I'd like 2 Forge World ones to go with it, to make the GW one stand out even more

---Frankie

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Francois View Post
    Hi all! I voted 'No' because I've never bought any Forge World stuff yet. But I want to get some of their Sisters of Battle kits. The Repressor looks really nice!
    I bought a repressor kit last year, it seemed just slightly too small to fit on the chassis, I had to file down parts of the rhino to fit with the resin pieces.
    I've a second one in the post so i'll know soon enough if the tight fit is normal.

It's worth noting that both of the forgeworld kits come with a rhino rather than an immolator chassis so you don't get all of the iconography (FW are obviously interested in selling their own door pieces).
    Regular GW immolator (and exorcist) kits come with enough parts to decorate two tanks though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    It's worth noting that both of the forgeworld kits come with a rhino rather than an immolator chassis so you don't get all of the iconography (FW are obviously interested in selling their own door pieces).
    Regular GW immolator (and exorcist) kits come with enough parts to decorate two tanks though.
    This is why I haven't bought forgeword yet. Immolators cost the same as a space marine Rhino, can be made into a better looking rhino (I like the canopy better), comes with tons of decorations, and can be swapped with an immolator at any time. Win/Win
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

See, what would bother me is if someone compared each unit in both books, then took the cheaper price for each, mixing and matching the books for maximum advantage. If IA is to be allowed at all, using it to get a cheaper rhino is weak sauce. I'd have no problem with someone fielding a repressor in a friendly, since it's not in the codex but is a cool and characterful toy for nuns with guns...but if someone comes around with "here's my 2000 point sisters list, but I used a cheaper price out of IA for my six rhinos, allowing me to field an extra squad" or whatever, I'll send him packing. That's just as bad as using the DA codex, but taking 3++ storm shields out of C:UM. If there's a price for it in your codex, you pay that price. No free lunches. Hell, I ran a 9-chimy guard list under the last IG codex...but I was known to bring out a manticore on occasion just for fun.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    See, what would bother me is if someone compared each unit in both books, then took the cheaper price for each, mixing and matching the books for maximum advantage. If IA is to be allowed at all, using it to get a cheaper rhino is weak sauce. I'd have no problem with someone fielding a repressor in a friendly, since it's not in the codex but is a cool and characterful toy for nuns with guns...but if someone comes around with "here's my 2000 point sisters list, but I used a cheaper price out of IA for my six rhinos, allowing me to field an extra squad" or whatever, I'll send him packing. That's just as bad as using the DA codex, but taking 3++ storm shields out of C:UM. If there's a price for it in your codex, you pay that price. No free lunches. Hell, I ran a 9-chimy guard list under the last IG codex...but I was known to bring out a manticore on occasion just for fun.
    Thanks for the reply! That's what I was looking for.. It irks me slightly that some of the other codices are given updated wargear, yet the older codices are being left in the dust. I think it's safe to assume that when the older codices are updated, all rhinos will be priced the same, and PotMS and SS will all have the same effect.. And yet, it will take GW an inordinate amount of time to update all of the remaining codices. Not complaining about that, they're working on them, but the method of release has left me wanting. Personally, I would have no problem allowing a player to use IA just for Rhinos in a friendly non-competitive game. Anything competitive (even friendly) is strictly by the codex, though.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Francois View Post
    Hi all! I voted 'No' because I've never bought any Forge World stuff yet. But I want to get some of their Sisters of Battle kits. The Repressor looks really nice! I like the GW Pipe Organ Exorcist best, but now I think I'd like 2 Forge World ones to go with it, to make the GW one stand out even more

---Frankie
    This is my plan too, except me and a spacemarine buddy who need rhinos are going to split the cost of a whirlwind- he pays the price of the rhino and I make up the difference; he gets the entire rhino kit while I keep the whirlwind launcher so that I can add it to a sister's rhino. The total plan is to see if I can magnetize the turret in order to be able to use it as a rhino, and immolator or an exorcist depending on my army build. But my pipe organ is still going to be the centrepiece of my army... If I ever get around to the interminable greenstuffing necessary to make the kit fit together.

As for using Imperial Armour, I'm of the same mind as you guys- if you're going to do it, you have to go hardcore. If I use Forgeworld rules to get cheap rhinos and field repressors, then I have to use all of forgeworld rules and my opponent does the same.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by IofRaw View Post
    But my pipe organ is still going to be the centrepiece of my army... If I ever get around to the interminable greenstuffing necessary to make the kit fit together.
    I've not gotten around to mounting my launchers yet - did you have to file down the back of the immo to get them to fit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast