New Chimera kit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Chimera kit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

New Chimera kit

I was talking to my 40k hookup, where I buy all my models, and I asked him about the Chimera, he mentioned that they cannot order them anymore, so I don't know if it's been an official announcement, but he said that the new one will be coming out shortly, and actually advised me to just wait for the new model (within the next moth or two).

Lets hope it'll have the Hydra/Manticore option. *crosses fingers*

Last edited by cKerensky; February 6th, 2010 at 06:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I ordered 3 from a independant stockist about 29th December, and he said he's very sorry, they were taken off the order books and they can't order any more.
    The new one is coming out soon (it's just a chimera) and is £ 20 (i'm getting three for the old price! woot) They'll have a side like the hellhound, and different construction (no more single track bits - i don't actually like that) and no more tank commander sprue i'm afraid. However, it should be similar (I'd expect it to still fit F/W hatches and doors)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Damn, I don't want a new chimera kit. If they bring out a new chimera they'll drop the vehicle accessory sprue, won't drop the price -probobly increase it. What will they do? they might add a few weapon options but multi laser heavy flamer is easily the most effective option IMO.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Are you sure it won't be Chimera + something else? It's the trend of GW to do so.

I know it'll cost more, that's for certain, but I heard equal rumblings that it will almost certainly include a variant on the Chimera. The only other ones I can think of are Artillery units, and the Hydra.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    Are you sure it won't be Chimera + something else? It's the trend of GW to do so.

I know it'll cost more, that's for certain, but I heard equal rumblings that it will almost certainly include a variant on the Chimera. The only other ones I can think of are Artillery units, and the Hydra.
    What models use the same chasis as the chimera? The artillary and fast tanks.

The fast tanks already have a kit.

The artillary already have a rumored kit, and it would need to have a completely different back end as the chimera would.

This would just leave the hydra, I heavent heard anything about a hydra but i've seen the FW hydra, and the gun mount is towards the back of the tank, not wherew the chimera turret is.

So what other model would the chimera kit be able to make?

The Emperor Protects
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Hydra and Manticore. All they'd have to do is include another "top body" piece, with the "turret" on the back, instead of the turret on the front. Three vehicles in one. Plus, it would give them good reason to raise the price, as I understand they're doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

I really doubt the manticore, the hydra would be doable, I hope they do it but i wouldn't count on it.

Fingers crossed though

The Emperor Protects

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hmmm really??? I've just Ordered 7 Chimeras and if they are the new ones i will be most annoyed as I wanted to whack track Guards on them all. An extra £8 per tank will start getting expensive just for some track Guards lol.

As for different models in the kit. I'm pretty sure it will just be the Chimera. All the Arty will be in one kit but that does leave the Hydra. Maybe they'll do a random sprue online, or what have you, rather than bring out another box.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Yeah, I think it will be just the chimera as well. The only thing that I could think of that it could possibly be would be the Griffon, but I doubt it. I also heard about the new artillery set, and the other day I went to my local store and had it confirmed. I'm not sure what's in it, but I think it's a Basalisk/Medusa/Colossus.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

CHAD, Aye most likely. They'll probably put the Griffon in there too. They'll just do something with a Barrel attachment or something to give you the different Varients - Like the Shadowsword kit for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast