GT Win - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GT Win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

GT Win

I thought I would share my experience to hopefully add to our communal knowledge of IG, especially Mech Guard.
    I just finished my Vegas qualifying GT this weekend and was fortunate to place 2nd overall and won Best General.

Below is the link to the list I took.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rney-list.html

Game 1 vs Space Wolves. Minor victory for me, but would have been major or massacre if the game had gone one more turn. I learned to make damn sure you get to objectives early if you can. Vendettas were the star of the game. I targeted his Long Fangs with Vendettas right away and I was pretty safe for the rest of the game.

Game 2 vs Guard. Massacre for me. He had a Punisher, Hellhound, Hydra, Leman, Vendetta and lots of troops. Beautiful SKofK, all forgworld, he later won best painted. He said his punisher was his overall star, but didn't do anything against my Mech list. My star was the Vendettas and the Heavy Flamers in my Grenadier Squads and on my Chimeras.

Game 3 vs 'Nids. Massacre for me. I targeted his shooty Guard and Zoantroaps, Swarmlord and Tervigon right away, which was pretty much all of his anti tank. He gave up at the end of turn 3. The Vendettas won this game against the MCs and Chimera with Heavy Stubbers did well too.

Game 4 vs Eldar. Major Victory for me. He had lots of bike squads, Harlequines and Dire Avengers. Game ended early again but I was on more objectives. One more turn and it would have been a massacre. My star unit was the PCS squad with 4 Flamers roasting his expensive Harlequines.

Game 5 vs Space Marines. Massacre for me. Killed drop podding Sternguard with Librarian by shooting from Grenadiers and PCS Flamer squad. I still had to assault to finish them off with one of the Grenadier squads. After that the Exterminator and Vendettas finished off his two Vindicators and Rhinos. My PCS Flamer squad then roasted another tactical squad. My HQ flanked his Landraider Redeemer and blew it up with Melta Guns, even though I failed the "Bring it down" order.

Overall the experience was great and I really liked the list I took.

Vendettas - Killed vehicles, troops, brought around a couple of squads to capture objectives. Worth every point. Always, always, always take heavy bolters. Star of the tourney for me, easily the most hated unit we have. Lost two all tourney.

Demolishers - OK, probably never took off their points, but took a LOT of fire and never died completely. Next time I will take one Demolisher and one Punisher.

Exterminator - Never died, but always killed vehicles and troops. Very worth his points

HQ: Good, killed a Landraider. Always, always take an Astropath if you take Valks/Vendettas.

Grenadiers: I am learning to like this kit. I really like the Shotguns, two Meltas and Heavy Flamer. Next time I would make one three Plasma Rifles and Vet sgt with Plasma Pistol and no fist.

Chimeras: Only way to go is the Heavy Flamer ML and Stubbers are a great add if you have 10pts.

PCS Flamer squad: I LOVE this squad, especially for the points.

Infantry Squad: Re-learned that the only way to take these is to take a Grenade Launcher and Autocannon. These guys only made it out the Vendettas a couple of times though. Cheap squad to capture objectives in the end.

Cheers, DH - See you in Vegas!

Last edited by Diggums Hammer; February 9th, 2010 at 02:55.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Congrats on the win!

Hopefully I can find an event near me to try for the finals myself.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well done Diggums.

Thanks for the review and summary of your units too.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    Grenadiers: I am learning to like this kit. I really like the Shotguns, two Meltas and Heavy Flamer.
    I've been considering this for my future IG army. Glad to hear it's as effective as I imagine it.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

178 (x7)

Thanks guys. It was nice to see an equal amount of armies in the tourney. The only one I don't remember being represented is Dark Eldar. There were at east two of every other army and not too many Space Marines! There were as many IG armies as any.
    The top 4 in Generalship were:
    IG (The Cadian 4th Mechanized!)
    Eldar Bike Heavy
    Vanilla Marines
    Chaos Deamons
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Good to hear on the exterminator! I've always loved them, and thought they had a lot of potential. It's good to see them doing well for you!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Well done on the win their Mr Diggums sir. Its actually a nice spread of lists in the Top 4. Goes to show that no particular list or army is better than any other.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Well done Diggums! Nice to see your list, and to be able to read your advice and first hand experience.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread