Tallarn conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tallarn conversions

Sorry but I've posted in two places, here & modelling as not certain where target audience regularly look, if this is a sin please could a moderator remove the modelling one as I think this will get more traffic.

I have decided to try converting a few figures into Tallarn guardsmen, etc.
    I am also aware that people will have already had a go at this & have hints / tips they can pass on.
    I am going to use plastic Cadians with the following modifications:
    1. Dremel the high boot sections & use a 'thread' of greenstuff to give the boot bindings look.
    2. Use greenstuff to extend the tunic to just above the knee.
    3. Dremel off helms & replace with bedoin scarf equivalents.
    4. Dremel sleave material off of forearms (trickiest job to do well) and greenstuff the more open 1/2 to 3/4 sleaves.
    5. Remove straight knives from belt equipment & add a greenstuff sash that holds a skaven plague monk curved blade.
    6. Remove any bayonets from lasrifles.

I may buy a few Forgeworld Tallarn equipment packs to make my vets noticably different to regular guard squads.

Am also considering doing some rough riders on cold-ones: what base size should they go on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Sounds very interesting, but this is more the forte of the modelling forums.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

I'm not sure why you'd want to spend the time converting regular troopers when you can still buy the metal models from eBay or even the GW website. But if you're going to convert Cadians take a look at the Forge World minis for inspiration. They're less Arab looking and more like WWII Brits wearing headscarves.

About your points:

1. Should be simple enough.
    2. Not sure it's needed.
    3. GW sells helmet-less heads on the website. You could use those (or Pig Iron Productions heads) as a basis.

Imperial Guard Heads | Games Workshop

4. Not sure it's needed.
    5. Cool.
    6. Forge world sells Tallarn rifles and equipment packs that you might want to use.

Forge World TALLARN
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Is it just me or does the gun in the "Tallarn Equipment Pack" pack look like an angular Eldar Long -Rifle?
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

@Rafis
    I think its you. I can see where you're coming from though.

@Kevin Allen
    Sounds like good plan. I'd also remove the shoulder pads too.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tallarn conversions post 2

Thanx for replies:
    Sandwyrm: reason for converting is that Cadians are much more common & inexpensive on ebay than Tallarn & I don't have thst much money. Am intending buying some metal off of ebay & possibly new metal from GW but the Cadian pack comes with a missile launcher which I don't want. Will buy some bits off of Forgeworld, confused by Sentinel price as it is the same as a GW sentinel but says it is a complete kit?

Looking at the only Tallarn figure I have at present I think the longer tunic & open sleaves are essential to the feel of the figure.
    I wont be using the FW rifles much as they are difficult to put in hands.
    Will probably get some Catachans to use their naked arms & heads as messed up the Cadian ones I was trying to fix.
    This is where I'm up to: see attachments.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread