Need help on IL - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help on IL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help on IL

OK so ive set up a 2000 point army, and i came into a situation that required a cheap IL or I but perferably DH. Ive got about 140 points to spend on him and i want him to be as much anti tank as possible, any ideas? so far i have 2 IST, 3 PAGK, Dominators Squad, Celestine, GKT, callidus assassin and a dreadnought, 3 rinos for the PAGK and a Chimera for the GKT.

ok this is what i was thinking...

Parent DH and Allied Sisters

Troops
    3 squads of 7 greyknights
    1 squad of 5 allied WH IST with rino
    1 squad of 5 allied WH IST with chimera
    on turn one ill place one squad of PAGK in a rino and the GKT in the Chinmera

heavy
    1 dreadnought

fast
    1 allied WH Dominator squad of 5 with a rino
    i would place one PAGK squad in this rino first turn aswell

ellite
    callidus assassin
    Inquisitor( im not sure how to outfit him though)
    1 squad of 5 celestians with a rino
    one PAGK goes it this rino on turn one

HQ
    BC with four terminator retinue
    they go in the chimera first turn.

sorry again for the confusion i hope this helps. as you see the PAGK dont start with the transport but during the game ill place them in the transports, it lacks anti-tank seeing as only the dreadnought has this capability. I did not put all the wargear options because im still making a few adjustments in that department. the Inq. has about 150 points to be spent on him. if you think that this list could be better please tell me how and why thanks a bunch guys for your time.

Last edited by Jimicomix; February 10th, 2010 at 03:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... as much antitank as possible...

IL with Combi-Melta, 3 Veteran troopers with meltas, and as many Combi-melta acolytes as you can fit. Pretty anti-tank if you ask me.
    Eldar W/D/L: 17/15/12
    Ordo Malleus W/D/L: 24/3/4
    Crimson Fists: In Progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First I'd concertrate on making your list legit. Celestine will be fine as long as you treat as just a jumping canoness. Otherwise you will need at least two more squads of SoBs.

The Rhinos should also be divided as dedicated transport for the ISTs as you'll max out your heavy slots with the four tanks and the dread. Don't forget the GK's don't take dedicated transport like most other imperial units!

I'm assuming one of them will also be for the IL. If that's the case and you're looking to make him a tank-hunter you could always try equiping him with a daemonhammer. It will at least 'shake' them up even though you'll never smash through anything above AP12.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

First of all PAGKs can't take Rhinos and Terminators can't take Chimeras. Only thing they can ride in is Landraiders or inducted IG Chimeras using the DH codex as a parent list.

As for anti-tank, 3 warriors with melta is probably your best bet, but you need a transport for them to get them in range to kill armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimicomix View Post
    OK so ive set up a 2000 point army, and i came into a situation that required a cheap IL or I but perferably DH. Ive got about 140 points to spend on him and i want him to be as much anti tank as possible, any ideas? so far i have 2 IST, 3 PAGK, Dominators Squad, Celestine, GKT, callidus assassin and a dreadnought, 3 rinos for the PAGK and a Chimera for the GKT.
    For Rhino's for the PAGK you need Sisters IST's, or just SoB, who will give their transports to the PAGK.
    Not sure how you would include the chimera though, I'm assuming your thinking a WH mainlist with DH allies from your army make up>?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i made this post in a rush so ill edit it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why you need to ally the WH ISTs to get the rhino/Chimera... can't you use DH IST's to do the same thing? *EDIT: Just reread the DH transports section, and I stand corrected, but see below RE: IG*

My problem with the army is it doesn't really have anything... scary..

You need to figure out what guns you're putting on the infantry (All of them).

BTW, a suggestion - Instead of allying WH to get their rhino's/chims, How about inducting a single IG infantry Platoon? 1 CCS and 2 IG squads, each of which can take an IG Chimera. That gives you 3 Chims your GK's can steal on turn 1... and the IG Chimeras are a great transport. 55 points for AV 12, good gun choices, and 5 fire points.
    Plus then you can load Lascannons/Melta/Plasma/etc into the IG platoon for that anti-vehicle punch.
    The Platoon only costs 130 pts base for the three troop squads and 55 each for their transports.

For the Inquisitor, there's two options as far as I'm concerned.
    Minimalist - Bare minimum, such as pair of mystics/psychic hood
    Point sink - Lotsa henchmen/wargear.
    Last edited by Jemal; February 10th, 2010 at 06:06. Reason: oops
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going for a point sink version, 2 mystics and gun servitors with HB, PC and a Psy on the IL would be my loadout (with other stuff probably too, juts a rough basis)
    Gives great anti DS'er support, is a good firebase, and is pretty nasty.

The IG suggestion though sounds interesting, I have to admit I got no idea bout IG whatsoever, but that kind of loadout would be pretty sweet by the sounds of it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

What's scary then? 5 GKT, a callidus assassin, 21 PAGK, a dread, a pricey Inquisitor. Off the top of my memory, there isn't much more "scary stuff" available to us short of a LR and GM. Though if you're allying you could find something. What would you suggest Jemal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea we don't have truly scary units really, some with a few okish rules, but nothing that makes draws drop. You could say the force weapon, but its situational.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast