Bikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey bikes dotn suck any more infact they don the compleat. oppesite. and one plan on buying a bunch now that the new rules are out? Im getina bike squadren qith meltas for tank huinting and an attacki bike squadren with no meltas for killing infintry. i think with the new rules they will be used a lot more often.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet tap dancing jesus the spelling in that post is atrocius, but yeah, bikes now roxxor
    Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

I used to hate going to weddings because the old women would poke me and say Your next, but they quit when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bleak@Sep 8 2004, 15:50
    sweet tap dancing jesus the spelling in that post is atrocius, but yeah, bikes now roxxor
    [snapback]209937[/snapback]

er...not really. They are still expensive as hell and you only get the invulnerable save against SHOOTING. And you dont even get to fire any of your weapons on the same turn.
    A high price to pay for higher survivbability. id rather say no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

The question is, what are you going to to DO once you get up there? Wow you can move 24" ok then what

If you're not whitescars then bikes are horrible at assaulting, otherwise you have a smaller tactical squad more or less

They're okay for capturing objectives now, but you need opponents who play decent missions and care about objective games instead of just killing

Honestly i rather just deep strike terminators for the price you're paying for bikes, or an assault squad

However it IS decent on attack bikes with multimeltas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

yeah despite their new ability to move twice as fast bikes aren't all that good, however there is finaly a reason to give them plasma guns and they can get into range faster
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikes now do have a point. They can easily set up a mobile fire point.

Zooooom over to the flank of your enemy and blast a few bolter rounds into him next turn. He will either have to turn around to fight them off in which case Zoooooooooom off again.
    Or you get to take a few pot shots into his army and maybe draw some fire away from more important units (ie that Assault Vt Srg with a power weapon flying forwards).

They are also now good for shooting down some transports before they get close to your army. Rhinos/Chimeras will die very fast to a multimelta in the side.

Although they are no good in assault, well not as good as Assault sqauds or termies. I dont think this will be their tactical usage.

In any case charge them into some Tau or Imperial gaurdsmen and laugh menacially as you cut off Line of sight and a few limbs.

Well my two cents (approxiamatley 1.37 pence) anyway.

PS Fallout Soldier please edit your post and learn how to spell.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hmm, Dont forget the "Counts as stationary" weaponry on the bikes, this means asside from new turbo boost rule, you can move 12 inches, blast off 2 bolter shots from each bike, with re rolls, then charge. but on the whole whilst they are improved, they still smack of expensive nonentities to me
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the only way that bikes will be effective is in tank hunting (same role as land speeders?), they are too expensive to go up againt infantry in cc and no way they have enough firepower to make up their points shooting at infantry.

Their best move now would be boosting on one flank one turn still try to keep out of sight and the following turn get to move 12" and get to the back armour of suport vehicles...
    <a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>

Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my suggestion is to take a very small squadron of bikes and rush them up to a tank ( arm the bikes with lke meltas or plasma guns) and then unload destroy the tank and then if there are others do the same works great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, SM-boys, but our chaos bikers now rule&#33;... 24 to the flank, then next turn fire those stationary multimeltas/plasmaguns and bolters, and then an assault move with irresistible charge and an good asiring champion, well i think for those points the chaos bikers just rule as a flanking unit..... remember they also can have the counter-attack skill and marks,hmmm i just love em&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast