heya need help making my own chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heya need help making my own chapter

ok so as you can tell im making my own chapter and why
    because its not that i dont like any other the 1st founding or 2nd founding chapters but that i dont know which one to pick so i said to my self i love the Dark Angles and the Blood Angles why not make a chapter of my own

soo i cam up with the BrotherHood of The Angels and they would have a incon like the darkanges/blood angles now i know by the name you and many others will think this is a 2nd founding but thats what i want you to think
    i put that name because i want people to think its a 2nd founding of teh Dark Angles or maybe the Blood Angles but they a 1st founding one of the primarch that went missing or died
    i duno what they will looking like iv got 2 modelds in my head
    1 black main and red as inside teh sholders and stuff and maybe gold
    2 black main with dark green

im not sure what i should do
    can any1 help to be honest this just in planing i want sum help for people who have made tehre own chaptes and from people who havent ant help would be nice
    plz and thank you p.s. sorry if my spell not very good im dexlas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Well here are a few options.

You could try something like this, the Eagle Warriors http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/wa...iors_Armor.png

Where the blue is do green, and where the white is do red, or vise versa.

You could also try something like the Howling Griffins. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wa...ffon_Armor.png

Where the yellow is put green.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a reasonable idea; however, I will say I'm not a fan of people using one of the missing primarchs.

Also, I don't know we're you're taking this thematically, how are you planning to merge Blood Angels with Dark Angels aside from the colors?
    If you call it a Missile launcher, then it'll never hit anything.

100% of people who aren't Karmoon know Saraneth is invincible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH (to be honest) i dont know thats the missing cap between my idea

i have the idea and the name, colors iv got the codexs (space marin and dark angels)

my idea was i wanted people to think which are they from and give them the idea its a 2nd founding and i know that useing a missing/dead primiacrh ant sum peoples cuppa tea
    i chose 2 use a dead/missing primarch because it would b different sumthing new 2 me iv played 40k for 5 years or so iv watched people play and paint and i love it but i coudl never chose which chapter to use so i fort make my own just easyer

and the link would be thin like a rumore tbh a wisper within the chapters them selfs a new chapter coming out of no were it would arise surpishion dont you trhink
    its not got ant 2nd founding, no word but a thew wispers from space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your help but ill stick with red and black or green and black haha i want my force 2 look dangours but thank you agine

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I originally started out with Ultramarines about 12 years ago, but decided to convert them to a DIY chapter a while back. Best advice is to keep it simple. All i changed on the Ultras was the Shoulder pads, trim and chest eagles. They look unique but still tie in with the mainstream chapters. Why not create a newly raised chapter, then all your game victories become the chapter history instead of inventing a background that will inevitably get criticised by someone. Good luck with them.

p.s. Amazed you were able to get warhammer40k for your username.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heya i was shocked to but ya no hehe here i am

my idea was that it would b simple black and red
    red main
    black on sholders, back-pack, hneen pads and the gun( which would also be metule-grey)
    (obvi green or what ever eye) the chapter knew of there primrach and that ruomers have it that hes still alive ....( BIT GREEDY OR NOT)

so waht you think

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by praxis View Post
    I originally started out with Ultramarines about 12 years ago, but decided to convert them to a DIY chapter a while back. Best advice is to keep it simple. All i changed on the Ultras was the Shoulder pads, trim and chest eagles. They look unique but still tie in with the mainstream chapters. Why not create a newly raised chapter, then all your game victories become the chapter history instead of inventing a background that will inevitably get criticised by someone. Good luck with them.

p.s. Amazed you were able to get warhammer40k for your username.
    Completely agreed. Well, okay not about the name -- I didn't give that much thought

Rather than blending the Chapters you like into something that will inevitably be rejected by the majority of the player base (which is often the case unless you can provide exemplary fluff, but being an extra First Founding will be received as 'munchkining', IMO). It is best to keep it simple. There are very few things you actually need to have your own, comprehensive Chapter.. and the rest will fill itself in as you play (they'll write their own history on the table top, much more rewarding that way!!)

1) Chapter Name, Primarch / Gene Seed, Homeworld
    2) Combat Tactics (Do they adhere to the Codex Astartes? Or do they diverge from it, and if so how and to what degree?)
    3) Chapter Composition (Who are the Chapter Master, Captains, notable heroes? What are the Company's names and what is in their armoury/fleets?)
    4) Paint Scheme (Along with this also comes ranks, as you'll notice different positions within a Chapter often bare subtle differences in paint scheme)
    5) That is all. Now you just need to pick a Company, assemble the models and paint them, and play!

Aside:
    In response to your signature "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." - Nietzche
    "Unless, of course, it doesn't." - Me

I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok now i under stand

1) BrotherHood of the Angels, (Primarch anme UNKNOW for now),(its gotta b different due 2 its been 1st founding right??) and home world in my head i want a world thats ben involed inalot of battles so ill make that up whne iv got spare time
    is there any were i can get planet names from the net (list of known planets in the 40k univers) or should i just make one up out opf fine air??
    2) they folow the codes astartes that liek to favo in bikes
    3) hmmm lol tbh not fort about them yet
    4) red main and black as sholders, backpack, feet and knee pads..... im not sure about the ranks ill have 2 look into that tbh but ill use random cloures haha with gold, silver, white,yellow and none for normale troops (thats just a plan ill probly change that in teh end)
    5) hmm tbh i fort you could use all 10-11(in some cases) companys or have i mistaken??

life is short to forget
    firght for whats tru - ME

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer40k View Post
    ok now i under stand

1) BrotherHood of the Angels, (Primarch anme UNKNOW for now),(its gotta b different due 2 its been 1st founding right??) and home world in my head i want a world thats ben involed inalot of battles so ill make that up whne iv got spare time
    is there any were i can get planet names from the net (list of known planets in the 40k univers) or should i just make one up out opf fine air??
    I sincerely advise against a 1st founding chapter. The beauty of WH40k is that the universe is so large.. you can invent almost anything! But some things are already canon.. all of the First Foundings are already given, and trying to add another would be too abrasive, and contradicts existing fluff.

So far as your homeworld is concerned, keep a few things in mind.

First, any planets already named, already have a history. Make up a planet name, and pick a Segmentum, Subsector, and System that the planet is within.

Second, chances are the planet is governed by the Chapter. As such, there should be some method for obtaining new recruits.

Finally, it is best to avoid any well known locations, as that could disrupt current fluff. The goal is to develop something that fits in to WH40k as it is, and does not require rewriting the setting to fit your needs. And on that note, this is the very same reason why claiming to be a 1st Founding Chapter is so poorly received.

2) they folow the codes astartes that liek to favo in bikes
    Does the Chapter as a whole favor the use of bikes? Or does the Company you wish to play as favor them? If it is the Chapter as a while, then consider making your Primarch Jaghatai Khan, and play a Chapter founded from the White Scars.

3) hmmm lol tbh not fort about them yet
    Same as above.. but if it is only the Company which you will build an army off of, then consider looking into page 17 of Codex Space Marines. It'll give you an idea of what a Codex Chapter looks like.

1st Company = Veterans
    2nd - 5th Company = Battle Company
    6th - 9th Company = Reserves Company
    10th Company = Scout Company

You should also name a...
    Master of Sanctity (Chaplains)
    of the Forge (Tech Marines)
    of the Watch (Guards the homeworld)
    of the Fleet (Commands the Chapter's flagship and inventories the vessels in the Chapter's fleet)
    of the Arsenal (inventories the Chapter's armoury)
    of Recruits (Responsible for selecting, testing, and training new candidates for the Chapter, usually Captain of the Scout Company)
    ... I feel like there's a few I've missed?

4) red main and black as sholders, backpack, feet and knee pads..... im not sure about the ranks ill have 2 look into that tbh but ill use random cloures haha with gold, silver, white,yellow and none for normale troops (thats just a plan ill probly change that in teh end)
    Generally, Veterans are given white helmets, special and heavy weapons are given a different trim on the shoulderpad or knee pad.... etc...

5) hmm tbh i fort you could use all 10-11(in some cases) companys or have i mistaken??
    Of course you can. But generally, when somebody is making their own homebrew Chapter, they pick one of the Companies they've made within that Chapter to actually assemble, paint and play with.

life is short to forget
    firght for whats tru - ME
    "Quick, hit it it with a hammer!" - Me
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast