Heavy Stubbers on Chimera - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Heavy Stubbers on Chimera

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on getting heavy stubbers on a chimera? 3 shot defensive weapon seems good, but 10 points is pretty steep.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I only really add them if I've got some points spare and haven't already maxed special weapons in all my CCS, PCS and Vet squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

I've modelled both my Chimera with Stubbers,
    If I have points at the end they go on. 3 defensive shots can be handy
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I find it depends who I'm playing.

Heavy 3 is good (as defensive, anyway), S3 is pretty poor, and AP6 is rarely good against anyone, so they're only really useful - IMHO - against T3 opponents. So I'll take them against Guard, Eldar and Tau. Against MEQs I need something that's either high strength or high AP (or both); S3 AP6 just doesn't cut it for 10pts there.

YMMV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Stubber is S4, AP6. Still, it grants most opponents armor saves. The thing I find attractive about it though is its 36" range. I often like to field my CCS chimera with a Multilas, Heavy Bolter, and Heavy Stubber and have it hang back towards the rear while issuing orders to infantry squads. That's 9 anti-infantry shots coming from a single tank, not to mention whatever shooting the CCS has to offer, which ain't too bad.

However, if you're using your chimera to deliver melta vets or otherwise rush a squad up close, it's best not to waste the points on a vehicle that's likely to end up destroyed well before the end of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I generally include them on my chimeras. I usually run them as Multilaser, Heavy Flamer and Heavy Stubber. If I target the Multilaser at an infantry squad then the extra 3 shots are very useful and the Multilaser is already AP6 so the target unit are generally going to get saves anyway (unless they are Orks or Kroot!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp_slug View Post
    I generally include them on my chimeras. I usually run them as Multilaser, Heavy Flamer and Heavy Stubber. If I target the Multilaser at an infantry squad then the extra 3 shots are very useful and the Multilaser is already AP6 so the target unit are generally going to get saves anyway (unless they are Orks or Kroot!).
    I use the same setup. The stubbers look great and definitely add a bit of strength to an already good tank. They are wonderful if your chimeras aren't moving full tilt towards the enemy or objectives every turn. It may not be worth the points in those types of lists.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Ideally my lists will be so tight that the 10 points will have been spent on better options. However, if there is points to kill, HS on a Chimera is probably one of the better choices (better than HS on a LRBT imo).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Yeah, I don't mind them if there's points to spare. But there usually aren't any to spare in my lists.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

I say to heck with that points to spare BS. No that's not Ballistic skill. I use them every game. They make there points no matter what you fight. Think about it. Kill one space marine with that heavy stubber. Well it paid for itself and a little more. 2 orks, heck that easy for a stubber. The list goes on.

Now a waste of 10 points is the storm bolter. Range 24 STR 4 AP 5 Shots A2. Yeah Heavy stubber is way better. Range 36 STR 4 AP 6 Shots H3. Now think about this. They both cost 10 pts, but range 36 means you will get to shot 12" before the Storm Bolter. Grant it the Storm Bolter has and AP 5 compared to AP of 6 but that really don't make a difference, Because most guys with a 5+ save will fail their save. Then the next best part. Shots of 3 instead of 2. Yeah why not. I say make the Heavy Stubber stock on all the Leman Russes and Chimeras you can. Well make it stock on all front line fighting vehicles. I just wouldn't place it on Hellhound (that gets a hunter killer), Basilisk, Griffion, or other tanks of this nature. Trust me dude use it and you won't regret it.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast