I concept Idea for feedback and refinement (Mechanicus/Iron Hands army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

I concept Idea for feedback and refinement (Mechanicus/Iron Hands army)

Greetings fellow gamers,

I have been toying with the idea of developing a new marine army based off of the Iron Hands and the adeptus mechanicus.

My goalis to create a force of varied use. One that will allow me to get the most 'bang for my buck'

Here is the idea:

Creating an Iron Father (Chapter Master)
    Using the latest techmarine model, with a chaos backpack (icons filed off). The conversion options would let me use it to 'count as' a chapter master or wolf lord (or Chaos lord w/ Mark of Tzeentch)

Venerable Dreadnought (I plan on building it to look like Iron hands, but to either count as dreadnought or Bjorn the Fell-Handed)

Arco-Flagellants to count as 'blood claws' lead by a wolf guard (techmarine without servo arm)

Penitent engines to count as thunderwolf cavalry

Do these ideas sound good to anyone else?

I have a couple ideas for technology based "Lone Wolves" (Perhaps advanced servitor-type creations)

How would you model fenrisian wolves (I don't want cyberwolves) I was thinking some sort of cross between a Tau drone and making it look more imperial/close combat oriented.

I plan on having my devestators linked up with a targeting matrix (count as long fang sgt to allow for the split fire) or having the sergeant accompanying gun servitor type devices.

I am just wondering if anyone else has any ideas. ... or if you would never play against a list that mixed & matched like that...?

Very Respectfully,
    --Forsaken

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

It'll be a nice looking force, I doubt you'd have trouble in friendlies though some of the models are a little out (penitents are huge).

Are you set on playing wolves? You could play actual arcos and penitents in a WH force with the inquisitor as the tech magos and a couple of units of Skitarii storm troopers.
    WH forces are eligible to take up to 4 troops choices of marines & 3 dreadnoughts.

Allied the other way around you could get the inquisitor and arcos but not the penitents.

As far as a lone wolf goes - the Mechanicum have (or used to have) Cydonian assassins - somewhat comparable to eversors, though they were female and armed with plasma weaponry.

+ Reply to Thread