Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So after playing a few small games, I feel that in order to be even remotely competitive I am going to need 12-16 meltaguns in my list
So my question is, how do you guys convert regular guns into something that looks like a meltagun? I feel bad saying "hey, these vets have 3 meltas," when they are not modeled properly.
Thanks in advance
EDIT: My bad guys
Last edited by Alzer; March 1st, 2010 at 18:22.
Next time instead of posting this in the army list forum could you just post it in the proper forum. Sry if i come off sounding like a dick.
I'm going to fly this on over to the IG forum proper.
Also, please do not double post. Use the Edit button (pencil icon) on your previous post to add additional information
1. Get an IG flamer and IG grenade launcher
2. Cut off the nozzle (don't cut the skinny part) and hose of the flamer
3. Cut off the barrel of the grenade launcher (include the thicker area where the handle attaches)
3. Trim down the GL barrel so that it is as close to a cylinder as possible
4. Glue to GL barrel (glue the uncut side, it's flatter) to the flamer (make sure it's aligned properly)
5. Assemble into guardsmen and paint (make sure to paint the barrel like a melta barrel)
You can buy packs of 5 metal melta guns for £4.50, it's pretty simple to swap them out so long as you don't mind rebuilding the hand with some green stuff. Total cost for 15 meltas + some green stuff is gonna be around £20 which isn't too bad imo.
That's a ton of melta...I take 6 of them in a 1750 point list...and I compete. Well, playing IG for 11 years probably doesn't hurt... Anyway, you don't need that much melta. What are you doing, shooting space marines with them???
IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010
As said above the flamer is the best thing to use to convert meltaguns. The only thing I did differently, because I had extra parts, was use the melta side sponsons that come with demolishers and each one of those will give you two meltagun barrel ends.