Quirky Armys? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quirky Armys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quirky Armys?

I was wondering if anyone had come up with any quirky WH lists, that don't revolve around lots of sisters or ISTs in transports rolling around supported by the occasional seriphim squad or exorcist?

I'm kinda plotting to do a very psychological one, and am partly wondering if anyone has tried a similar one before. Also just curious as to what other crazy stuff people have thought up though.

Last edited by Dheorl; March 10th, 2010 at 11:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dheorl View Post
    Also just curious as to what other crazy stuff people have thought up though.
    9 penitents, Karamazov, arcos, priests, zealots, arbites, and a vindicare. CC inquisitor optional.
    Hades Breeching Drills too if your opponent will let you field them.

It's almost certain to crash and burn though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

its called a zealot army...

great fun

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Because the units in the Witch Hunter Army are so diverse, I didn't build one army, I built 2. My primary Army is the Commandery of St. Katherine's Aegis; every unit in the army has the adepta sororitas special rule and every unit is faithful. The secondary army is the Adeptus Arbites of Precinct Fortress 17; the hq for this army is a converted Adeptus Arbites proctor, but since there are no rules to represent Arbites Marshals, I use the rules for an Inquisitor Lord for him. The troops choices are classic arbites, and the army also includes the penitent legions- arcoflagellants, penitent engines and sisters repentia, all of whom are prisoners in the precinct fortress.

The cool thing about having two distinctive armies from the same codex is the campaign/ story interaction between them; building an army becomes a story, and suggests scenario special rules- the most obvious is reinforcements. If the Chapel if St. Katherine's Aegis is attacked, the Commandery is there from the beginning, but the reinforcements from the Precinct fortress take time to arrive. If the Precinct is attacked, it works the other way around. My apocalypse army is both full armies combined.

I'm thinking of adding a third faction- the Ecclesiarchy. The zealots are the troops of such an army, but in order to go beyond that you have get creative. The 2003 chapter approved has the rules for confessors and missionaries, which gives you hq. The arcos and pe's require priest to use, so they're suitable, but of course, they're already an important part of the Precinct army, so that isn't an option for me.

I highly recommend the two army one dex approach if you like campaigns and stories. When I put together a DE army, I'm planning on using the same concept, except it will be a Kabal, a Wych Cult, and family of Haemonculai which occasionally work together. The stories between 3 DE armies would be even more bizarre, because unlike Imperial factions, the DE likely fight each other when not unified by a common enemy.

+ Reply to Thread