Krooty imperial guard? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Krooty imperial guard?

Hi everyone!

A few days ago I was wondering what to do with my 100+ kroot merc army and someone suggested I try a footslogging imperial guard list with Straken.

Do you guys think a full-slogger army viable? And what about a CC oriented slogger army?

I have little to nothing experience with IG (just go my hands on a copy of the codex and didn't even have the time to read it through once!) so would you guys give me some advice on what to field?

Thanks! =)

- Just love that maki! -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

it works ok, most people will tell you that its not as competitive as a mech list, but truthfully its a dam side more competitive than some of the older dexes out there.. you will have to make some krooty weapons teams though, also some krooty power weapons and krooty power fists and krooty melta guns.. lol but it would be a cool themed army to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

It works a treat, combining the IG's crazy firepower with HtH abilities that can rivals that of the Orks (only the entire army isn't built around getting 30 guys across the board into HtH).

Straken and his super friends, 2 big blobs of infantry sporting Kroomissars and plenty of power weapons, kroot heavy weapon teams (krootox work too) to nail transports and armor, and some added units for funsies (STs can get meltas in range quickly, Sentinels give you flanking armor shots, GKs always fit in nicely).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I wouldn't know how to model sentinels and GKs though... ^_^'''
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

GK's would have to be gk's.. but you dont need them, its a themed army, its just that GK's with straken make a dirty combo, espeically the termies... for sentinels just get sentinel models and modify it to have a krooty pilot.. that would be awesome..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    It works a treat, combining the IG's crazy firepower with HtH abilities that can rivals that of the Orks (only the entire army isn't built around getting 30 guys across the board into HtH).
    Please tell me you're kidding. I know you know better than that.

A guard force kitted out for close combat will never be as numerous or as deadly as the same points in Orks.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    [...] Kroomissars [...]
    Rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SandWyrm View Post
    Please tell me you're kidding. I know you know better than that.

A guard force kitted out for close combat will never be as numerous or as deadly as the same points in Orks.
    Head to head that is true, but the Orks have to wade through guns to get in combat, only to get suprise buttseckst by furious charging guardsmen. Straken gives you that WTF factor, only it actually works unlike, say, Ogryns.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

What would the krootox be? They could represent heavy weapon teams, sentinels, or ogryns (please no, they suck).

Dont forget some outflanking penal legion squads, they could be some more skilled ambushing kroot.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a fantastic idea. I am always for themed conversion armies of all sorts. I would agree w/straken as your company command head. Kind of a special character Kroot warlord. I would also suggest a couple units of penal legion as they're a little more "fighty" than your average guardsman. The ability to outflank or scout is also very Krooty. Ministorum priests w/eviserators as shaper council members that you can add to squads. Rough riders as Tracker Kindred. Marbo could be another special stalker kindred character. Maybe squads of Krootox as Ogryn. Maybe have a platoon and take Al'Rahem to have more of that outflanking kroot feel.
    "LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

+ Reply to Thread