Cities of Death - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cities of Death

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Cities of Death

I played a CoD game this last weekend against a nid player and got worked. Just want to pick brains about units and tactics I could use not necessarily against a nid player but just in CoD in general.

It was a 2v1 against him with a 2k list vs me and a sm player sharing a force org. I had taken doms with flamers in a imm with an attached canoness, 3 penitent engines, and 12 arcosthe canoness and her squad drove up and flamed the crap out of some warriors (failed divine guidance) killing around 3 or 4 before getting assaulted by them and a trygone. yes they ended up dying but they tied up the enemy for 3 turns while assault marines jumped in and helped take down the warriors to one before they too died.

The engines didnt really do much, they got into cc with ravengers and killed a few before getting popped.

The arcos got into cc with a hive tyrant and some weird thing that when it kills something in cc if the thing that dies fails a toughness test the nid spawns D6 ripper swarms. The arcos killed that thing while lossing one to it and they spawned 6 ripper swarms. The arcos tried to get the tyrant and at one point had it down to 1 wound left before they got wiped out.

I did not take zealots but against a different enemy i think they could be very deadlyLike I said before Im looking for different unit tactics with stratagems etc. Just a place to brainstorm

Last edited by Lord Scave; March 17th, 2010 at 07:03.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will you always share the force org with another player?
    okay. Now brainstorming:
    I play a 1000pts Cities Of Death campaign myself atm (but I chose Guard and Iīm not allowed to change anything in my list during the campaign).
    I often have an advantage over my oponents because I field transports. So Dominion Squads are a good choice.
    With my Guard army I have another advantage because all my units are scoring (except CCS and Leman Russ). So donīt invest too much points in Dominions, your standard sisters will do a good job, too.
    Hmmm... You thought about zealots. They are scoring, thatīs always good.
    I wouldnīt use the arcos and the penitent engines at the same time (too much madness on the field).

arghhh! Whatīs happening here???? My brainīs empty Maybe too hungry. I hope I could help a little...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

normally no i will not be sharing a FoC with another player, that was just me being nice and trying to get her into a game when there were no other 40k players there yet.

I have the models to field three sister squads in transports or 1.5 footslogging plus the zealots but I dont want to invest heavily into troops as they are not that great in CC against most armies and CoD is mainly a CC oriented game unless playing alpha. Granted I know they are the only scoring units but in my mindset if i can kill off the opponent or at least his troops then I cant lose.

Im considering trying some flaming seraphim that can move quickly, shoot while ignoring cover, and assault with alot of attacks when they have frags.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Seraphim will work. If you want to reach CC you still need fast units, because of all the difficult terrain.
    IF you can kill of the opponent or at least his troops, you canīt lose. But you canīt win either.
    Usually itīs all about objectives. ALWAYS try to grab them. If you rely on erasing your opponent, he will stay out of reach and the best result you achieve will be a draw.

+ Reply to Thread