Flyers and Hellstrike Missiles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Flyers and Hellstrike Missiles

Hi all

I've got a few questions about hellstrike missiles and their effectiveness firstly I've looked through the various forge world books and the apocalypse book and their seems to be a few variations of the rules, imperial armour apocalypse says their ordnance normal apocalypse says to count as a hunterkiller now as I'm planing on using flyers from both these books so I need to use one rule across the board just wondering what rules I should go with.

Second up is how many can I fire per turn? It clearly states I can drop as many bombs as like per turn but their is no mention of hellstrike missiles, now considering a Marauder Destroyer has to take 8 missiles if I can only fire one per turn this seems a bit of a rip off as I won't ever get to fire them all

Thanks in advance

*edit* ok so the current Imperial guard codex has these listed as ordnance so I'm thinking that will be the way to go so question 1 is answered

Last edited by RhYn0; March 17th, 2010 at 18:52.
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Use it in apocalypse as you buy it.
    In apocalypse - you bought your valk from the ig codex? use the ig codex rules. you bought it from IA? Use that then. You got it from the apocalypse book? yuse that then.
    I would seriously reccommend multiple rocket pods. Hellstrike missiles are ... er... how can i put this... pony.

How many can you fire? if it's ordenance it's 1. (and in the ig codex shoot once only.) as i said, pony.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would check the flyer rules. I think they can fire all weapons so no messing about with 2 lascannon but because you move so fast you can only fire one. I wonder if that applies to ordnance weapons? I rememver it was an option in IA vol1 to upgrade hellstrikes to ordnance to make them more powerful than HKs. They get to roll 2D6 and pick the best for AP but it restricts the firing mode. Not too well thought out by forgeworld and it got absorbed into the hellstrike rule in the new guard codex making them completely useless compared to vendettas.

Luckily the thunderbolt in apocvalypse still has heavy 1 hellstrikes so you can fire the lot. Sadly the lightening doesn't and gets ordnance ones making it a waste of space.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

@ stayscrunchyinmilk

Not actually running any Valks the list will be all flyers, something like 8 Lightnings 4 Thunderbolts and either 2 Marauder Destroyers or Bombers (you can stop feeling sick, I'm not disgustingly ritch there all made from paper and templates), basicly in our last game our opponents suprised us by turning up with 2 warhounds, I just wanna return the favour.

@ Mad Cat

Yea thats the way I was looking at it never mind I'll take a lightning from Imperial Armour Vol 1 and have it as heavy 1 and I'll run the Marauder Destroyers with out Hellstrikes or just take a bomber and pound the proverbial poop out of the enemy.

*edit*

Just found the apocalypse FAQ nd it says this about hellstrike missiles

2. The Hellstrike missiles is listed as ordnance. Does this mean that they may now only fire that one missile at the cost of all its other weapons?

As an ordnance weapon a Hellstrike is fired instead of other weapons. It may fire as many missiles as you like though.

Being able to fire as many as I like makes this a lot more appealing especially on a Marauder Bomber that is carrying 8 of the little fellas
    Last edited by RhYn0; March 17th, 2010 at 20:53.
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Also check out the rules for superheavy vehicles. I think they can fire all weapons and can split fire as much as they like. As a marauder is superheavy this may enable it to fire the lot.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    Also check out the rules for superheavy vehicles. I think they can fire all weapons and can split fire as much as they like.
    That is indeed correct - which is why a fully loaded Stormlord/Baneblade/etc is so nasty, doesn't matter if the weapons are all mismatched it can devestate half a flank on it's own each turn
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

Well reading the Super heavy flyer rules from Imperial armour it clearly states SH flyers follow all rules for normal SH vehicles, however there is no mention of this in the apocalypse book.
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RhYn0 View Post
    Well reading the Super heavy flyer rules from Imperial armour it clearly states SH flyers follow all rules for normal SH vehicles, however there is no mention of this in the apocalypse book.
    That's because they probably didn't feel the need to state the obvious.

Superheavy = superheavy, no matter what the type.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

Ok so it's decided I'll get to work on the Marauders tonight, got two of the lightnings done they look pretty ropey but there unmistakable lightnings

On another note I'm trying to get a blood bowl tournament up and running at the gaming club I go to in Luton, If your interested in playing let me know. We played a season and had two divisions with 8 - 10 players in each so we got a fair few players, and if you don't have a team for table top your more than welcome to borrow one of mine, be aware tho we'll be using LRB 6 rules not the LRB 4 your used to on fumbbl
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

Sorry to double post , just thought I'd put these up to show people how I'm getting on with the flyers, I daren't post them in the modeling section of the forum as people would just laugh at me and say erm RhYn0 you twonk, there rubbish and made of paper (and they would be right to do so), never know still might happen here

Anyway

Lightnings

Marauder Destroyer fuselage

Last edited by RhYn0; March 20th, 2010 at 16:51.
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

+ Reply to Thread