Combat Squad Terminators w/ Land Raiders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Combat Squad Terminators w/ Land Raiders

Hey LO world, I'm looking to expand my Imperial Fists army, and was just curious about some combat squad legality. I was thinking that I could take a unit of ten CC terminators, with a dedicated LR transport (so as to keep slots open in my Hvy Support) and then combat squad them, putting 5 in the dedicated LR, and the other 5 in a legitimate LR. I think this is a legal move, but I just wanted to run it by you guys.

"Sanguine, my brother."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Sounds fine to me, as they effectively become seperate units when you combat squad them. Just remember they can't take two DTT and so one landraider has to be heavy support. (of course, I advise you not to do this, you're paying 500pts for the ability to transport ten men across the board, seems a bit too much for me).

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Yeah but LR's are not just transports, they destroy things... many things.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur, it's legal, but I wouldn't do it. Put 8 dudes in one LR and that is way more than enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

It'd probably scare the crap out of your opponent, but beyond that there are more effecient ways to spend your points.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think it sounds legal. To buy a dedicated transport it needs to initially be able to transport the entire squad, and since it can't hold 10 terminators you wouldn't be able to buy a LR for them.
    Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

It's legit. You can buy a Razorback for 10 marines, so there's no problem in buying a Land Raider for 10 Termies.

It's a big investment, but far better than putting all your eggs in 1 basket (8 Terms in 1 LRC). I wouldn't do it until you get to bigger games (2k and up) just so you can fit in the necessary scoring and support units.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiisde View Post
    To buy a dedicated transport it needs to initially be able to transport the entire squad, and since it can't hold 10 terminators you wouldn't be able to buy a LR for them.
    Nah, you're wrong. Dedicated transports are just like normal vehicles except for 2 things - 1) they don't take a slot on the FoC 2) Only the squad you bought it for can start deployed in it.

Nothing says they HAVE to start in it, and that's not even taking into account the details of Combat Squad.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Alright, was just wondering. Thanks for the correction!
    Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

A small piece of legality is needed here. The 10 man Terminator squad can be combat squaded into 2 5 man squads. 1 of those 5 man squads could begin the game deployed into the dedicated transport. Another Land Raider could be purchased as a heavy support option. However, the second combat cannot start inside the non-dedicated Land Raider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast